What makes you feel young?

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Spring is here! Share :flowers:

Surfing.

Having an "adults only" vacation with my spouse. Yes, even in ER and even in Hawaii we still need a vacation from time to time.

Hanging out with my daughter... usually surfing.

From my favorite doc.....;)

Date: 12/15/10
For: bbbami
Medication: JD straight
Amount: 750cc
Instructions: take 1 or 2 glasses as needed.
Refillable x 10.

Attachments

• thumbnailCANE1BRT.jpg
    thumbnailCANE1BRT.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 140
Being around and interacting with younger people. I think a "55 and over" place would do me in.

Trying to put some levity into my posts here, and sometimes succeeding ...

Can't think of anything else...

I will try to keep this G rated :blush: and upbeat...:D

Seeing Mr B smile when I dress nicely, put on makeup, and try to outrun him [-]NOT![/-] in the most natural chase known to humans...
Seeing the fabulous smile on his face when I gently touch his hand or give that gentle little scritch on his back, knowing I can deliver such a small joy to someone previously bereft of those little but oh so important things...
Hearing a man tell me "Good morning, Sunshine" when he first awakens...
Watching my little croci (plural of crocus) and tulips venture out of the still thawing ground, brave little souls that they are, and realizing we are kindred spirit...
Understanding that those who are gone, and those who remain, are the blessed spirits in my life...
And most importantly...knowing that tomorrow the sun will rise, the sun will set, and I will be here to see the transition.

I have walked in the sun, I have weathered the most ominous thunderstorm, I have tread the broken glass of sudden solitude and unfulfilled promises of another chance. My feet are once again light and swift. I have traveled the deepest pits, and now I tread the rolling hills and strive once again for the mountains.

Life is good. I am in love with and being cared for by a most wonderful man. My center of gravity is restored. The planets are in alignment once again.

Please share my joy. :flowers:

Fishing - Or just being outside. I feel strong, self sufficient and healthy.

Summer (We don't have spring here) - Warmth always helps. Cold makes me feel old. Plus I'm just more active, my mood is better, etc.

Rock & Roll - Nothing like blaring Metallica, singing at the top of my lungs and playing air guitar to feel like a kid.

Sex - Really? You have to ask?

Taking a ride on my Schwinn Hollywood coaster bike

Cleaning house to the disco beat of Donna Summer

Anything outdoors in nice weather

Re-reading fiction from my youth: Jane Austen, the Brontes, RL Stevenson, Alcott

Being able to zip up last year's Levi's

Wearing Pucci-type prints and something with a bit of Carnaby Street flare (no not the miniskirts)

Being around and interacting with younger people. I think a "55 and over" place would do me in.
Agree, in my process of trying to move to another town I looked at several of those places. After seeing them I have no desire to live in any of them. They were all extremely nice but boring. The last straw, for me, was when I noticed they all had sign out sheets for residents if they left the facility; no thanks!

I don't know, I just do. We will see how long that lasts.

Ooooo...I thought of one more. Chewing bubblegum, blowing a bubble and have it explode on my face.
sFun_bubblegum.gif

After this past weekend activity, I'll have to say being around young, active, adventurous people. They are so full of hope for their future with very positive and energetic energy flowing thru their veins. Course it didn't hurt any that some of them were young very good looking Brazilians.:ROFLMAO:

Hanging out with the oldsters at my 55+ apartment complex. They make me feel young and they make me appreciate how quickly time flies. Spent an hour this evening with my 90 year old neighbor just talking about things.

Back
Top Bottom