What W**king Folks do for Fun

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics

What do those people do on the weekends when they're not w**king?
Here's the answer. Since sex is not mentioned in the stats, I assume that's because it must take w**king folks less than 4 min. and 12 sec. to get it done and it just missed the cut.

Yet another reason to ER.:dance:

pm-gr-atusweekend-462.gif

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Credit: Lam Thuy Vo

What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics : Planet Money : NPR

What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics

What do those people do on the weekends when they're not w**king?
Here's the answer. Since sex is not mentioned in the stats, I assume that's because it must take w**king folks less than 4 min. and 12 sec. to get it done and it just missed the cut.

Yet another reason to ER.:dance:

pm-gr-atusweekend-462.gif

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Credit: Lam Thuy Vo

What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics : Planet Money : NPR

Perhaps sex is binned in the "Other" category...thereby giving them up to 20 minutes 24 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

omni

Umm... sex is leisure and gets fit in the 6hr 32min 24sec category, but unless there are pictures, a broad generalization is plenty.

Shouldn't there be a block of time for planning their ER? That would really open up the schedule for more "fun" activities. :cool:

T-bird
Class of 2013
DW Class of 2012 (May, a done deal)

What about exercise? Maybe that is under "Other".

It'd be interesting to see what that chart looks like for retirees, since every day is a "weekend"

It'd be interesting to see what that chart looks like for retirees, since every day is a "weekend"

Since I retired I have more waking hours than when I was working. Somehow, I have more energy doing more things that I don't need to sleep as much.

37 minutes for religious activities and volunteering? Those must be some awfully short sermons. Especially if it includes time spent driving to and from church!

As for sex, I assume it's subsumed under "sleeping," as in "sleeping with."

Amethyst

Rant Begins
Don't get me started! Who came up with that "sleeping with" phrase to mean having sex? I hate it. Always have.

As a character in Seinfeld (Newman?) once said~ "there was very little sleeping going on." Rant over.

Amethyst
Congratulations Amethyst. I think that in almost 10 years on this board, your's is the first use of the word "subsumed" I have encountered.

Way to go!

Ha

Last edited:
Congratulations Amethyst. I think that in almost 10 years on this board, your's is the first use of the word "subsumed" I have encountered.

Way to go!

Ha

I agree, and Amethyst is way too smart to use the word "assume".......:)

I'm still young, w*rk, and have a kid... where are these people getting the time to sleep for 9.5hrs:confused::confused:

Like I tell my kids when they have to go to bed early on a school night......when you get to be an adult, you will be estatic to go to bed that early.........:LOL:

Must admit, I vacillated between "assumed" and "presumed.":D

I once used the word "lacuna" in an unscripted briefing, and afterward, some of the audience members were scared of me. I believe they thought I was showing off, but it really was the word I wanted for the thought I was trying to express. I'd already used "gap" twice, and "delta" is so engineer-ese.

A.

I agree, and Amethyst is way too smart to use the word "assume".......:)

Since sex is not mentioned in the stats, I assume that's because it must take w**king folks less than 4 min. and 12 sec. to get it done and it just missed the cut.
Some of that might also be hidden under "Education" and "Grooming" and... well... you get the idea.

According to this survey, it also includes phone calls: http://mashable.com/2012/09/24/phones-sex/

So I guess when we ask for self-reported data, we get what we deserve. Or hope for. Or fantasize about.

Maybe sex is a religious experience?
Only if a god is frequently invoked during the ritual... as in "Oh my god!"

If I had to do it all over again I'd become an NFL Ref., seems they have plenty of time off for fun. I think they work about 16 days a year and start at 150K. Now that's a GIG!

The chart er table does not even remotely resemble my er 'working' years in New Orleans.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

heh heh heh - :cool:

Back
Top Bottom