What's that one up there?

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
A link from a friend today really gave me a treat.

Every day you see planes in the sky, sometimes very high ... with or without contrails.
We ask ourselves questions:

What type of plane, Airbus A320,330,350? Boeing.....or other.

Where does it come from, where is it going, what altitude, what speed, what company etc.

You can see all this information instantly on your screen. But before clicking on the link:

Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Some tricks;
On the map you will see all the planes in the air.
To view your region or town, you can zoom in by tapping with your mouse.

Click on an airplane, and on the left screen you will get all the info.
airline, type, speed, altitude in real time, re-calculated every 10 seconds.
On some you can also click on ‘view from the cockpit’

That is way, way cool! Watch your friends arrive and leave.....check out what's overhead. I love it. Thank you for sharing, brau!

cool! thanks for posting. checking out now to ID plane passing by, hope it's real time

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing.

There sure are a lot of flights!

I tried the free iPad app, but decided to splurge $2.99 and get the full version. (That's the only money i've spent today!) When I first opened it, the evening flight were just leaving the East Coast. Now they are mostly spread out over the Atlantic. Cool!

A light plane just passed over my house but did not make it onto the app.

What is Morningstar airlines? I've never heard of it till a plane showed up.

Fun site... Been using Flight Tracker, but this is better. Thanks:clap:

Particularly interesting is going around the world, to see the activity in foreign countries, and to see the density of traffic in places like Japan, vs Russia...

Last edited:
A light plane just passed over my house but did not make it onto the app.

Most of them won't since they don't have the on-board equipment for that. Depending on where you are they may not even have to file a flight plan.

Wow.......and DW wants to know how I will be spending my time when ER come this March.

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks!

A lot of Fedex planes out right now. Saw one on the yellow ADS data, thought I should be able to see it and went outside to check. Right on target! Also see (on the tracker) a USAF tanker doing long loops and circles around towns, then flying back on it's tracks. The beginning of that track is Independence, MO?

Last edited:
I bought this app and I love it too. I even track the planes I take to go to EU or Central America sometimes. It is nice also to follow the planes flying over the North Pole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom