What's with guys and copies ??

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
I spent the last few days cleaning out old financial records.Now I can understand having a copy of everything but my DDH( dear departed husband ) had five copies of everything .Is this a guy thing :confused:

No, just a packrat thing.

Moemg said:
I spent the last few days cleaning out old financial records.Now I can understand having a copy of everything but my DDH( dear departed husband ) had five copies of everything .Is this a guy thing :confused:

My DDW did the same thing so I would agree that it is not gender related. My DDW was a packrat and a shopper.....very bad combination. When we moved here a few years ago the major home requirement was lots of rooms with lots of closets. They were all filled to capacity and while I am slowly sifting through the huge stockpiles of things I have to wonder what it was in her past that made her feel the need to hoard so many things. I have several years supply of just paper plates. Hundreds of them. I could use only them for the next year or two and never dirty a real plate. Same goes for plastic cups, plastic "silverware", papertowels, and hundreds of other things. Also, she never threw out a canceled check or a paid bill receipt in over 40 years. They are gone now but what a job!!

I feel your pain.

cleaning out old financial records.

I also have been afflicted by this at times.

I think that there is a little man that resides in by brain that asks me from time to time "What if you destroy that unique paper record and the IRS sends you a letter tomorrow that would easily be answered if only you had that document." Better keep it....

mickeyd said:
I also have been afflicted by this at times.

I think that there is a little man that resides in by brain that asks me from time to time "What if you destroy that unique paper record and the IRS sends you a letter tomorrow that would easily be answered if only you had that document." Better keep it....
[/quote
He was IRS!!

Moemg said:
He was IRS!!

That probably explains it! Nobody fom the IRS could stand the embarassment of being short of documentation if their own 1040 was audited.

Back
Top Bottom