What's your dog's name?

2 Golden Retrievers named Daisy listed so far. I will add one more. My first golden was named Daisy when I adopted her but then I changed her name to Zoey.

Maddie, short for Maddeline...no reason, just a cute name.

In the past I also had a "Happy" and a "Mac"...a West Highland White Terrier and a Scotty. Mac was short for quite a few Scottish names that no one in the family agreed on...so we just called him Mac.

We had Timber (died exactly 2 months ago tomorrow - Feb. 17th) who was a lab/blue heeler mix. Liked the name and it wasn't very common.

Have Pepper (sheltie/blue heeler mix). We adopted him from a shelter and didn't want to change his name because it suits him quite well. He's the colour of pepper...mostly black and grey with a little bit of tan thrown in.

Ace, the 10 year old black lab who is no longer solid black as the Ace of Spades but has almost as much grey hair as me.

Tiger, the 75% lab mix, who showed up on the Sunday that Tiger Woods won his first Masters Tournament.

Current - Golden Retriever named "Wrigley" - after the baseball field

Previous - Golden Retriever named "Calvin" - after the cartoon character

My very first dog I called my own as a child I named NASA. I really was into the space program. :) As so often true of farm and rural dogs, NASA lived a fairly short life. He was replaced by Shem (one of Noah's sons). I was feeling biblical.

Greg and I have had 4 dogs. The first was Spike, a standard poodle. Needed a tough name because he was just too pretty. The second was Paavo, after Paavo Nurmi, the Finnish runner. He was also a standard poodle. Then we had the two weiner dogs, Judy and Pete.

Our dog, Susie, lived for 17 years.

We now have 5 cats: Tony, Tia, Savannah, Trixie and Elo

nnkrealtor said:
Remi my Boykin Spaniel (Flyboy Remington Quackstopper) and Mango our Yorkie (Last Mango in Paris)
Mango is blinking... she looks funny

Remi is 18 weeks old and Mango is 5 years old
*edit*
Sorry if a mod know what i did wrong with pic please help...

Not a mod, but here's your pic:

album_pic.php

as a child our little black mutt was named pepper
the parakeet was pretty bird
then we had a huge mutt named bucky
the weimar was smokey
then came a blue headed parrot named croix
my last pet was sandz the wolfpuppy aka sands of sandbox cottage. the house was named after a huge sandbox tree which forms part of the canopy here and the dog was named after the house. also he kept dragging a ton of sand into the house as a puppy.

wab said:
That's not playing in the mud. That's frolicking on the shore. :)

I remember when I first moved here. I said "that's the beach!?" :(

But Max (short for Maxwell's Daemon) doesn't seem to mind.

Yeah, I always used to think beaches involved sand, but I've gotten so used to it I forget now... Rocks and mud flats. Anyway, the dogs love it. ;)

In interests of equal rights, I should mention I have two birds, an African Grey named Gandalf (he came with the name, we call him Ganbird, at his request), and Peeper - a lovebird that came with the name Mango, but we just ended up calling him Peeper 'cause he peeps all the time.

Oh, Daisy, Oh Remi, Oh Mango! What cuties! Please, more doggie pics!

Sable- a black lab- no a very clever name if you know a more eccentric definition of sable

here's a picture of Bosco, the 10 year old chocolate lab, assuming his favourite position

Attachments

• boscohound.jpg
    boscohound.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
  • boscohound.jpg_thumb
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom