What's your dog's name?

Zoocat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
And what does it mean? My golden retriever is Teo (Te adoro= I adore you.) :D

Abydos = Name of the planet visited by the characters in the movie Stargate and the first episode of the TV series Stargate SG-1. It's also the name of the first ancient Egyptian royal city.

She was a stray I picked-up a couple weeks ago at the local gas station. We wanted to name her after something in Stargate SG-1 since the series is ending. 'Sam' (as in Samantha Carter) was already taken by one of our cats. He is named 'Sam' after Sam Walton.. He was also a stray that we picked up at Walmart a couple years ago :D

The first episode of Stargate SG-1 'Children of the Gods' came on while we were thinking about names, and 'Aby' just seemed to fit.

We also have 'Pumpkin' and 'Ski', the in-laws' dogs, which we inherited when they moved in :eek:

Had a Sophie (Sofia Loren), a Barney (no particular reason), and a Moby (bichon frisee, white as in Moby Dick).

Good or odd ones I've heard: Hug, Richard Parker, Clem, Gassie.

Lyca (border collie) : because she skulks around, wolf-like. She survived
running in the Mojave desert (estimated several years) before being
picked up by BC Rescue.

Amber (not really a border collie) : original name before adoption

Moxie (leonberger) : High energy, very playful

My German shepherd is named Franz. He was named by the breeder, a school for guide dogs. (He flunked out, so he's mine! :))

My previous German shepherd was named Charlie, after the man (one of my bosses) who gave him to me.

Ben, name he came with from the rescue league.

Previous

Max - seemed to fit and as it turned out was true, little pup ended up being a 115lb Lab.
Jason - I love that name
Kabis - my brother named him
Smokey - hey we were just kids
Laddie - we were even younger lol

CyclingInvestor said:
Moxie (leonberger) : High energy, very playful

Holy cow! And here I figured I'd be the only person I ever knew who had a dog named Moxie. (In my case, a Black Lab.) Though she was named for the Magic: the Gathering playing card the Mox Jet, shortened to Moxie, the other description suited her too. We had to put her down last December.

Smith's Sweet Sandy = Sandy = Yellow Lab. Name is registered with the AKC and came with the dog.

Buddy = Belgian Malinois = named for his personality: He's your buddy, he's your pal! Let's PLAY!

Spartacus. a rebellious gladiator Weimaraner. We have tug of war battles with a rope and although it starts out friendly, with him 3 feet away, he cheats and ends up inches away from my hand .

Here's how you know we don't have children: all our names are people names!

Grace (border collie)
Jane (border collie)
Anna (border collie)
Petey (border collie)
Carl (small brown auxiliary dog)

And the cats, Hokey, Henry, Harriet, Jinx and Minx.
And the sheep Emma and Tess.

But I've been thinking we should have named one of the BCs Shadow, because as Cycling Investor already knows, the BC posse follows you around the house, yard, wherever, like you are their king!

My new dog is Milo. Previous dogs were Rufus and Waldo.

Just 'cause I liked the names. No particular associations.

Abby: short for Abiona, a roman goddess, protector of children leaving the home.

My Black Lab's name is Emily Ann. Just liked the name Emily and we name all our dogs with the middle name Ann.

We have no kids.

Had a cat that I named for a boss, Gian, so I could tell everyone at work that "I just had Gian castrated."

Mike D.

My Golden Retriever is named Daisy

IMG_0832.jpg

Bow, short for Christmas Bow Tye - chocolate lab - She came with the name when I adopted her.

Luke Duke, but we call him Luke most of the time - he's a terrier mix - Since we had a Bow, we needed a Luke also.

There are no plans for a Daisy.

Somebodies - she was't ours - showed up 4 years ago - she was "somebodies" now she is ours - and a great dog

Oher 2 dogs are Maggie and Pepper.

Current:
Sugar (Lab-Airdale mix)
Daisy (Golden Destroyer Retriever)

Previous
Deogie (D_O_G)
Yoda

Barley - Beagle
Porter - Beagle

Cat: Formally known as Satan's Little Helper. AKA Satan and *^%&($%^#!.

Sheryl said:
Even if you've already seen them there are a couple new ones added, of him playing in the mud.

That's not playing in the mud. That's frolicking on the shore. :)

I remember when I first moved here. I said "that's the beach!?" :(

But Max (short for Maxwell's Daemon) doesn't seem to mind.

Remi my Boykin Spaniel (Flyboy Remington Quackstopper) and Mango our Yorkie (Last Mango in Paris)
Mango is blinking... she looks funny

Remi is 18 weeks old and Mango is 5 years old
*edit*
Sorry if a mod know what i did wrong with pic please help...

album_page.php

Back
Top Bottom