Where is my kitten?

vicente solano

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today my 8 month old kitten jumped over the 2 meter garden wall of my garden and ran away. It hasn´t been the first time he jumped the wall, but it didn´t stray far. On this ocassion it was seen crossing the main road. It was neutered and had a nice pink collar ..... Spent the whole day looking for it but no luck.
I was opposed to its coming, 5 months ago, to begin with, but my wife prevailed.
I had gotten to be very fond of the kitten. My wife is devastated.
Tomorrow I´ll start putting up posters. But I have no hopes at all.
I dread the idea of finding him dead on the road I travel twice daily. I´ve seen a lot of cats killed that way on that route.

Cats wander. He may very well come back.
That´s what I´ve been told ...but it´s so young, pampered and always inside home. Cant see him coping with the hardships of outdoors.

If he's normally an inside cat, it's possible that he panicked after getting a little further than he was used to. Which means he may be hiding. Unlike dogs, which are more likely to roam further, cats often stay nearby but out of sight. I would look again tomorrow, paying special attention to places he might hide.

Not sure how well this holds, though, if he showed up as a stray in the first place...

Good luck. It's likely someone has seen him and if he's nearby your posters will pay off.

Of course, check with the local animal control office and see if he gets turned in as a stray. I don't know how things are in Spain, but it's likely there are online services you can use to help find your lost friend. "Pet Finders" in the US does this--folks who find a missing pet (to include animal shelters and veterinarian offices) will check to see if anyone has posted a "missing" notice, and will also leave a posting indicating a pet has been found.

Good luck--let us know when you find him.

To bring a little laughter at this time, a relevant poster
Cat%20Found%20Poster.jpg

To bring a little laughter at this time, a relevant poster
Cat%20Found%20Poster.jpg

Hey, I found that kitty on my patio about 3 weeks ago too! Poor thing is so d*mn ugly, and something must've attacked it 'cause there was no hair left on it's tail either!

My buddy found a really pretty black kitty with a white band on it's back...but, man oh man, did it need a bath!!! It really stunk bad!!!!

:ROFLMAO:

------------------------------
But on a serious note....I truly hope you find your kitty or that it wanders back home to you, vicente!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitten missing. A friend of mine had a cat for two years that was an outdoor cat. One day after being let out, she didn't come home -- this was about 8 months ago. She had always come back in the past. We aren't sure if she got hit by a car, or even foul play had happened -- sadly, some people hate cats and consider them nothing but a nusiance.

More recently, my friend decided to get another kitten. Somehow the kitten got outside and wouldn't come in (hid behind the fence by a shed). We would attract it by setting out a dish of water and cat food (tuna is great). Eventually, the kitten no longer was scared and came up to me. Now she is my friend's pet and is at the moment sleeping on the sofa behind me.

You are doing the right things, posting up signs. I do recommend putting out food, an shelter area too by the food -- the kitten may be scared and hiding outside nearby. Also do a search too, if you can (but do ask neighbors ahead of time if you search on their property).

I hope so much that you find your kitten. I miss my friend's cat that never came back very much.

Here is a link that may offer some more ideas that you may have not tried yet:

Finding Lost Pets - What To Do When Your Pet Goes Missing

Vincente, sorry for the loss of your kitten. I do need to inform you, however that Purron is on the 2:55 PM flight from Dulles to help you look for her...:D

I am sorry that your kitten is missing. I would be in a total panic if my cat went missing. I hope your kitten comes home soon.

MY KITTEN IS BACK!!! Thank you all for your response. Vim was rght- she didn´t stray from the last place we saw her. Took some persuasion to get her out from where she had hidden scared s*****ss.

Purron: You can cancel the flight. Or keep it and use it: you sure would like my surroundings:D

MY KITTEN IS BACK!!! Thank you all for your response. Vim was rght- she didn´t stray from the last place we saw her. Took some persuasion to get her out from where she had hidden scared s*****ss.

YAY!!! :dance::clap::D Now THIS is wonderful news. I am so glad. :D:D:D

HE's just probably embarrassed about having a PINK collar....maybe the other cats were making fun of HIM? Ha!

But so glad for you he came home. I know it's a huge relief as my kitty did the same thing once, and I almost had a cow I was so worried. Just like one of your kids doing same.

So glad the kitten is back! I'm really glad to hear this wonderful news today.

Yippee! That's great news. Now, while it is fresh on your mind, you may want to consider getting him microchipped (if they offer this service/product where you are). You cn ask the vet about it. If that's not available, sometimes people get Fluffy or Spot a little tattoo with the owner's phone number (if you're sure you won't be changing it) or name.

I agree with Orchidflower--the pink collar might have been causing him issues:). Other cats were probably calling him a . . .well never mind.

Purron: You can cancel the flight. Or keep it and use it: you sure would like my surroundings:D

I am delighted that your cat is back.

I second (or third) the recommendation to get him (really all cats and dogs) microchipped.

Having said that, always remember that the life expectancy of cats who go outside is far shorter than that of indoor cats. Unlike my dogs who can be kept in by fences, nothing will keep your cat in your yard.

We have had strictly indoor cats for many years. Several months ago, somehow a door was not securely closed and our 13 year old got out. We never saw him again.

I know many cats do enjoy outdoor life but I do suggest keeping cats indoors. If you do have your cat wear a collar be sure it also has any required tags on it (I am reluctant to really recommend a cat wear a collar outdoors as it can get caught. On the other hand, many locales require that tags be worn outdoors at all times. Still another reason to keep cats indoors).

Vincente,
Glad your found your kitten, good thing there are no coyotes in Spain!
WS

Katsmeow and Westermnskies:My recovered kitten stays indoors most of the time. When she goes outdoors it is due to some oversight of ours:blush:. From now on we´ll be rather more mindful of his movements.
Here in Spain we don´t have your stringents rules and regulations re cats, and rarely are reported lost. We are light years behind you regarding animal protection awareness.:blush:
We certainly don´t have coyotes where I live:D But sadly there are too many careless drivers that don´t look out for the many stray cats...

I am delighted that your cat is back.

I second (or third) the recommendation to get him (really all cats and dogs) microchipped.

Having said that, always remember that the life expectancy of cats who go outside is far shorter than that of indoor cats. Unlike my dogs who can be kept in by fences, nothing will keep your cat in your yard.

We have had strictly indoor cats for many years. Several months ago, somehow a door was not securely closed and our 13 year old got out. We never saw him again.

I know many cats do enjoy outdoor life but I do suggest keeping cats indoors. If you do have your cat wear a collar be sure it also has any required tags on it (I am reluctant to really recommend a cat wear a collar outdoors as it can get caught. On the other hand, many locales require that tags be worn outdoors at all times. Still another reason to keep cats indoors).

There are safety collars for cats that break apart in case they happen to get caught. Of course, the tags might be lost then, but least kitty will be safe. My views of keeping a cat indoor vs outdoors have changed. There are just too many dangers out there.

Back
Top Bottom