Who Doesn't Love a Good Classified Mission?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I read an article on this a few weeks ago and the today this story pops up! I love it. Man I sure hope that some government blabbermouth does not spill the beans about what this thing is all about.

I'm prepared to stay in the dark on this one...:dance:

The mysterious unmanned mini-space shuttle on a classified mission has finally returned to earth.
It landed early Saturday morning at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California after weather conditions kept pushing back landing attempts the last few days.
The Air Force's X-37B, is an unmanned reusable spacecraft built by Boeing that has spent more than a year on a classified mission in space.
Mystery Mini Space Shuttle X-37B Lands in California - Yahoo! News

I just saw a TV story today, maybe Discovery or something like that, about this unmanned shuttle. Also, half the show was devoted to the unmanned drones which is the thing of the future. I say we won't have pilots in fighter jets within 20 years, maybe sooner. That show was so informative and I'm wondering why we are so "blabbermouth" about all these inventions and secrets? I'm wondering, is unmanned drone an oxymoron?

Edited to add note about drones. No airport runways required. That would save a lot of money.

I read an article on this a few weeks ago and the today this story pops up! I love it. Man I sure hope that some government blabbermouth does not spill the beans about what this thing is all about.
Looks like you're too late:

X-37B's Secret Mission: Keeping Up with the Kardashians

Even worse, if you were able to click on it the government would place you with a Kardashian (and it would just seem like a very long time).

The X-37B mission is the only thing in the last 5 years that got me thinking about my old job with the USAF. It would be interesting to have some sort of idea what that mission was.

Back
Top Bottom