who's into podcasts? Favorites?

don't you need to add something like Juice to it?

Orange juice. Tomato juice. Whatever it takes.

Actually you might be surprised at the range of WMP plug ins, from free to about $50, that will allow you to subscribe to particular podcasts, have the latest versions downloaded to your PC and automatically update your player...ipod or 'other'...automatically.

My iTunes is pretty tidy, but I try to keep the list manageable by not taking on too many of them, and only keeping the most recent five.
I am particularly enjoying the Slate Explainer Podcast, it pulls some random bit from the news and talks about it. The Black Hole one was quite interesting.
Also for the refurbs, I don't know if I heard about them here or not, but I bought a refurb 20gig (I think that was 4th gen, but don't swear to it) for $100 from eritech.com. Great price, good product, no problems with delivery. Nice if you don't need the latest/greatest, but you want a decent amount of memory. The 20gig holds about 5,000 songs.

The Cato Daily Podcast is very good. I also like this american life, and some of the tech oriented podcasts.

I've been using Juice for awhile now. I got frustrated with iTunes making my computer unstable. The nice thing about Juice is that it's lightweight (all it does is download podcasts.) I don't think it solves the iTunes problem described above. Each podcast gets downloaded to a folder. I sort by date, and move the new ones over to the player, and delete the old ones. There is an option to run a command script after each download, so the process can be automated if you want to put in the effort.

Don't forget pod books. Some are just bad but some are very good. Several authors have given away their books as pod casts and then had them released by a publisher for $$ as audio books and then as hard backs. Seems backwards but they have been good sellers. Many authors have their own sites and have some extra commentary with each installment, Podiobooks has put a lot of these together just like an audio books with the extras removed, most are free or you can make a doation. You can find the direct podbook feeds in iTunes doing a search for the author or genre you want in the pod cast section of the iTune store, again most are free.

Vanguard also has a podcast.

Jeb

Back
Top Bottom