Women are better off bra-less

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
And who should know better than the French. Women better off without bras: French study - The Local

The results of a mammoth 15-year study led by professor Jean-Denis Rouillon, from the University of Besançon in eastern France, are finally in and it looks like conventional wisdom about bras and back pain has been way off the mark.
The research was based on scientific method

Using a slide rule and caliper, Rouillon spent years carefully measuring changes in the orientation of breasts belonging to hundreds of women, at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (University Hospital) in Besançon.
And it appears Dr. Rouillon is committed to improving the statistical underpinnings and making the results more reliable

“These are preliminary results,” Dr. Rouillon said. “The small sample of 320 young women is not representative of the entire population – that would require something like 300,000 subjects.”
His commitment to women's health and comfort is admirable.

Last edited:
Hey, I will help with measurements :D

Didn't we all have this discussion back in the '60's-'70's ;)

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 300
Here is the real problem:

Bra fitting guide

Finding the right size bra is often a trouble for many women; estimates are that about 80% of women wear the wrong size bra. This is not healthy for your breasts - especially if the breasts are in a too tight bra.

Let your breasts have free time from bras daily - it's best to spend more than 12 hours of your day bra-free. This will help the lymph flow inside your breasts. And when choosing a bra, try to get yourself fitted by a professional.
Bra fitting - how to find your right bra size?

They are just plain uncomfortable! One of the nice things about retirement is being able to spend more time at home, where this particular item of clothing can be optional. :blush: Shoes, too.

Reactions: W2R
Honestly, I am not sure why and what is the US men's fascination with breasts. When much younger in Europe, I used to go to beaches where most women would be braless. Used to be the norm. I did not care one way or the other. I guess I grew up completely desensitized.

Interesting research linking to back pain, though.

Last edited:
Honestly, I am not sure why and what is the US men's fascination with breasts.

Just spit ballin here, many guys can only get to second base, so why not make boobs a goal? For many of us tho, 2nd base was only an intermediate goal.

Oh the tales that the back seat of that '55 Chevy could tell...

now I know why I hate those darn things. I can't wait to get home to take them or at least unhook them.

I asked Mr. A. (not a fan of large, pendulous mammaries) about that. He is my Expert on U.S. Men, having been one himself for such a long time.

He says men's tastes in ta-tas differ, and he can only speak for himself, but that all hetero men are more or less fascinated by the "difference" between the sexes, and big breasts are the most obvious and oft-flaunted sign of it.

A.

Honestly, I am not sure why and what is the US men's fascination with breasts. .

When much younger in Europe, I used to go to beaches where most women would be braless. Used to be the norm. I did not care one way or the other. I guess I grew up completely desensitized.
I thought that was the norm in all countries, it has been in the US on every beach I've ever been to in my lifetime worldwide.

We know you meant topless though... :LOL:

Last edited:
What a bunch if boobs that doc had to measure! Truly a sacrifice for science!

A friend has that wine rack bra--the only trouble is that it gets "breast temperature" pretty quick. The need to fit some cool pack gel type stuff in there for optimal drinking temps.

Honestly, I am not sure why and what is the US men's fascination with breasts. When much younger in Europe, I used to go to beaches where most women would be braless. Used to be the norm. I did not care one way or the other. I guess I grew up completely desensitized.

Desensitized?? Nothing personal, obgyn65, but may I humbly remind you of your User Name? Perhaps we need a more "unbiased" opinion??

Just kidding you, obgyn65. :LOL: Of course, YMMV.

I thought it was brilliant! :)

My fave bra is from the legendary "magic underwear" people, Ex Officio. Their travel bra rocks.
I will check into that. I own quite a few Ex Officio clothes but I haven't tried their underwear. Thanks for the tip.

It's not just US men, clearly Mexican men have the same fixation (obvious from TV)

It wouldn't bother me so much in the US if some people didn't get so freaked out by the whole breast feeding thing (find it offensive) - that's where it seems totally twisted.

It would be nice to be able to change my shirt in public or in the car without freaking somebody out (like my husband can), but I defer to public sensitivity and do so in the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom