Work from Home, Part-Time Opportunities

To rephrase the last statement. "Tons of opportunities out there. All it costs is a small amount to start, AND A LOT MORE TO KEEP GOING, and ALL your friends."

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

When I wanted to work at home I just took classes in lap top type work at the local community college and Berkeley extension. I had a few fails until I found something that clicked. The fails were either stuff that just wasn't my calling or the market collapsed for that career field while I was going to school.

If I was looking for a new field today I would start again at my local community college or 4 year and see what they offer. This may be more of a time commitment than what you had in mind, but I'd probably do something like one of these certificate programs in a lap top kind of career if I was starting over today:

Certificates and Programs | UC Berkeley Extension

I have not retired yet--22 weeks left. My plan is cash money under the table. I was once an active white water kayaker and still have my boat and gear along with a surf kayak, two sea kayaks and one tandem sea kayak. I hope to get one trip a week through FB/word of mouth and charge only $25 per person for a half day of salt marsh/intercostal paddling..

I also plan on buying a long ladder and paint houses at $10 per hour plus expenses/supplies. CASH only.

I also have a set of plans for Adirondack lawn furniture. I may also make and sell those. I've made few sets for less than $75 per chair but all commercial I've seen are $250-300 ea.

I hope to fill in my time with those three.

I also have a set of plans for Adirondack lawn furniture. I may also make and sell those. I've made few sets for less than $75 per chair but all commercial I've seen are $250-300 ea.

Need to look at CL for the competition ... I made a set of 8 Adirondack chairs (4 for home, 4 for the lake). Modified a set of online plans for a curved back and seat. Got the price down to $45/chair ... but it took 4-5 hours (assuming all materials are in shop). CL sells similar chairs for $100 each. Tough way to make $$ ... less than $15/hour.

Creating intellectual property often has a good payback because you can make one thing like a book, software package, app, podcast, user manual or online course and sell it a million times over where material objects have to have inventory replaced after each sale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom