You *might* be a cheapskate if ...

When in a fast food restaurant, I have been known to take more napkins than I need and instead of throwing the extras away, just taking them with me.

I know someone who always grabs a fist full of fast food napkins, as in 10 to 20, eats his meal, uses one napkin, then tosses the remaining 9 to 19. He's also declared bankruptcy and been evicted from his home.

You might be a cheapskate if you still bend down to pick up a penny from the ground. Guilty.

You might be a cheapskate if you still bend down to pick up a penny from the ground. Guilty.
Me, too. That is partially how I got the $47 worth that I recently cashed in.

See a penny, pick it up; all the day you'll have good luck. Then I heard that it only worked if the penny was heads up and that you can turn tails up pennies so the next passerby has a chance at good luck. In practice, on our walks I bend down and pick them all up and flip them into the air. Also pick up nails and screws in the road to save for the next trash can. I figure doing a bit of bending while walking is a good - thus lucky -thing.

See a penny, pick it up; all the day you'll have good luck. Then I heard that it only worked if the penny was heads up and that you can turn tails up pennies so the next passerby has a chance at good luck. In practice, on our walks I bend down and pick them all up and flip them into the air. Also pick up nails and screws in the road to save for the next trash can. I figure doing a bit of bending while walking is a good - thus lucky -thing.

Be careful not to step on cracks though.....:LOL:

When I am getting near the end if a ketchup or salad dressing bottle, I will pour canola oil in in and shake it to get more out. But I can never get it all out.

I used to make my own home made shampoo with water and baking soda. With the small amount of hair that I have left, it doesn't matter much. But I now use genetic baby shampoo which is pretty inexpensive.

I notice you didn't admit to actually doing this yourself :LOL::facepalm:

This strikes me as more early-dementia, than truly cheap...cheapskates aren't necessarily dirty...Actually I wonder if this could be where the legendary "old man/old lady smell" comes from.

You might be a cheapskate if you wear the same underwear three days in a row and then turn it inside out and wear it three more days.

""Actually I wonder if this could be where the legendary "old man/old lady smell" comes from.""

EEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Well, quite honestly, I have never noticed any "different" smells from old people whom I know well enough to get close to...so I figure it must be linked to hygiene issues.

But this is rawther OT.:blush:

""Actually I wonder if this could be where the legendary "old man/old lady smell" comes from.""

EEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up 11c from a Lowe's parking lot, I guess I'm not cheap enough. I might walk away if it was a penny.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Does anybody here make their own laundry detergent? I have looked into it and it seems like it might not be worth the time. But have never tried it.

You might be a cheapskate if you wear the same underwear three days in a row and then turn it inside out and wear it three more days.

You might make the cheapskate hall of fame (CHOF) if you wear the same underwear three days in a row, turn them inside out, wear them for another three days, and then put them on backwards for yet another three days. On day 10 you can use them to clean off your windshield. By then it might be time to toss them in the wash.

Bought a foam dispenser so can use 1/4 of soap, fill the rest with water. Works great!

I used to make my own home made shampoo with water and baking soda. With the small amount of hair that I have left, it doesn't matter much. But I now use genetic baby shampoo which is pretty inexpensive.

I make my own cleaning products... Vinegar, a drop of soap, a drop of tea tree oil, and a little water.... Best spray solution for kitchen and bathrooms. I use baking soda when I need a cleanser/scrubber. And for the super gross teenager boy toilet, boraxo is my friend.

All are super cheap and enviro friendly.

As for the sharpie thing in the OP - I've definitely done that. I'm not a shoe like some of my friends... and have more than once discovered the black pumps I need for a wedding or other formal occasion are scuffed... out comes the sharpie.

Duct taping the shoes together until pay day... Wait that's not cheapskate, that's broke. Glad those days are gone.

I always considered that a fashion statement.

heh heh heh - only on tennis shoes though. :cool:

FIFY

You might make the cheapskate hall of fame (CHOF) if you wear the same underwear three days in a row, turn them inside out, wear them for another three days, and then put them on backwards for yet another three days. On day 10 you can use them to clean off your windshield. By then [-]it might be time to toss them in the wash[/-] you will be in the ER with flesh-eating bacteria in unmentionable places and your medical bills are going to greatly outweigh any savings on detergent.

FIFY (as per Amethyst)

quote_img.gif
Quote:

Posted by redduck
"... and then put them on backwards for yet another three days. On day 10 you can use them to clean off your windshield. By then[-] it might be time to toss them in the wash [/-]you will be in the ER with flesh-eating bacteria in unmentionable places and your medical bills are going to greatly outweigh any savings on detergent."

Detergent? who said anything about detergent?

(Amethyst, you are getting quite good at this).:cool:

You might be a cheapskate if you hear comments from your boss such as:

"Your shirt has holes in both elbows, you need a new shirt".

"Your pants have a hole in the knee, you need new pants".

I've been on the receiving end of both of these comments.

I am a cheapskate. I keep hotel shampoo and use it instead of soap in the laundry washing machine. Works great and I only need 1teaspoon to 1tablespoon per wash.

When I have more than enough hotel shampoo, I put it in the Food Bank donation bin in the grocery store. Other toiletries from hotels go there, too.

Back
Top Bottom