You *might* be a cheapskate if ...

dixonge

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
... you repair your cheap shoe scuffs with a Sharpie.

:greetings10:

Or does that qualify for LBYM?

Oh come on! I've improved freckled paint chipped black car hoods and interior trim (speaker grills)greatly with a Sharpie. Thought using a brand name Sharpie rather than knock-off brand magic marker was pretty Diamond Jim Brady of me.

edit: Now shoe scuff repair... tut tut. rather tacky. Although, WW2 and women drawing on stocking seams?..

... you repair your cheap shoe scuffs with a Sharpie.

When I was in the service, we used to use flat black spray paint, followed by clear lacquer. It was our shoes we wore on the flight line, not dress shoes.

Of course, all the paint was supplied by Uncle Sam...

Regarding cheap, I have charged some items costing less than $1 just to get the credit card points.

Duct taping the shoes together until pay day... Wait that's not cheapskate, that's broke. Glad those days are gone.

When I was in the service, we used to use flat black spray paint, followed by clear lacquer. It was our shoes we wore on the flight line, not dress shoes.

Of course, all the paint was supplied by Uncle Sam...

Regarding cheap, I have charged some items costing less than $1 just to get the credit card points.

:LOL:
When I was in the service (still in ROTC), it was the transition period between the Brown Shoe Army... and the new uniforms. Our issue was brown shoes and a can of polish/dye in jet black.
When did the brown boot Army change to black boots

You only go out to eat at restaurants with a BOGO coupon.

You know that patches on your jeans aren't just for kids.

You tie a broken shoelace back together and get another few months use.

Depends can be laundered several times, just saying:angel:

No, just kidding:LOL: Honest

_B

You might be a cheapskate if, duct tape and WD-40 are your best friends.

Your car has at least one body panel a different color than the rest of the car.

Your car has at least one body panel a different color than the rest of the car.
..........and you are driving on more than one temporary spare tire.

Attachments

• !zb.png
    !zb.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 37
I dyed my pants black as I couldn't afford dress pants on an international competition no less.
Those days are long gone.

I really do almost always use a coupon to eat out, it determines which restaurant that night.

Moving out of apartment required to spackle all nail holes, where pictures hung.

Use toothpaste.

The little plastic buckle in my $20 Casio watch broke. I tried gluing it with miracle glue - no dice, I tried vinyl repair glue for air mattresses - that lasted a little longer. Finally in desperation I had to transplant the watch band from another dead watch. I'm exhausted from this watch repair business. But now I have a very stylish black Casio watch with a silver colored snap buckle.

The little plastic buckle in my $20 Casio watch broke. I tried gluing it with miracle glue - no dice, I tried vinyl repair glue for air mattresses - that lasted a little longer. Finally in desperation I had to transplant the watch band from another dead watch. I'm exhausted from this watch repair business. But now I have a very stylish black Casio watch with a silver colored snap buckle.

I found a watch on the ground that was missing half the band. I took off the other half and kept that watch in my pocket for about 15 years until I got a cell phone a few years ago.

Cheap? :)

came home from w*rk early once a couple of years ago and caught my wife...

squeezing fastfood ketchup packets into the bottle of ketchup.

I would not have been able to FIRE without her...

Rather than buy water shoes, I took an old pair of sneakers and put rubber bands though the lace holes. Slip-on, slip-off....Perfect! Would still be doing that except DW hated it so much SHE bought me real water shoes...

Only if the watch didn't actually work. :LOL:

Worked like clockwork.

came home from w*rk early once a couple of years ago and caught my wife...

squeezing fastfood ketchup packets into the bottle of ketchup.

I would not have been able to FIRE without her...

Yep. And with soy sauce packets from the Chinese restaurant too. Didn't think that that might be abnormal. :D

Back
Top Bottom