Your favorite comic strip?

These are childhood delights

Actually I've found more truths in comic strips than in newspaper editorials/items.

Attachments

• pogo.jpg
    pogo.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 43
I'm just not into comic strips! :) I don't seek them out, and also don't seek out or read comic books, dress up for Hallowe'en, and so on. These are childhood delights that I enjoyed in my youth, but did not carry into adult life. I know many did, and I admire your ability to retain the joy and innocence of childhood during ones adult years. But that's not me.

Some cartoons are for kids, and some are for adults.

They change over time. It use to be “Brenda Starr”. Then I grew into “Doonesbury” . Always, always faithful to “Andy Capp”.

I'm just not into comic strips! :) I don't seek them out, and also don't seek out or read comic books, dress up for Hallowe'en, and so on. These are childhood delights that I enjoyed in my youth, but did not carry into adult life. I know many did, and I admire your ability to retain the joy and innocence of childhood during ones adult years. But that's not me.

OK, OK.... confession time.... I *DO* play video games, especially Animal Crossing which I suppose is one that children might like, since basically you move into a town inhabited by adorable talking animals, and befriend them. So I haven't entirely cast off childhood pastimes. I just don't seek out comic strips, and these days I have no idea where I would even find them.

I didn't pay attention to comics in my working years. But now I'm looking for all kinds of ways to view the world and one of those is the light side. It's free and IMO beats the ugly news stories we all tend to read.

You don't have to pay a dime for many comics nowadays. Snoopy, for instance, seems to appeal to adults. At least that is true in our town which was Shultz's town too. There are Snoopy sculpture characters all over town.

Back
Top Bottom