Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #101
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitso999 View Post
Often referred to as the "Easy-Rider Rifle-Rack".
Wasn't Los Cochinos selling those?
HawkeyeNFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #102

Another accessory I have for my 3/4 ton truck is 600 lbs of sand in the bed. I keep it there all the time unless towing. Sure makes the ride less bone jarring. I get 12 mpg without the sand and it seems I get the same with it.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #103
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Yep, these specialized forums are great. I beta tested a start / stop defeat device for my truck and got a free production version when it was ready.
I agree on the forums. I have found a lot of useful information on there and have even gone so far as to "hack" my truck to change settings to my desire (like disabling the stop/start feature). These days, a lot of options are already installed but unless you pay for them, they aren't activated. A little hacking (with *good* software and the ability to reverse what you have done!) can enable these options.

Accessories that are a must have for me are the molded plastic carpet mats (we visit folks in the country often...so lots of dirt and mud) and a good bed cover. I have a Peragon cover (folds into the bed when not used or easily removable for storage) and love it.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
This would be a good application for a rivnut.
Well, based on your recommendation, I got a rivnut tool and a supply of rivnuts. These things are life changing! I am rivnutting stuff everywhere on my truck. What a fantastic idea that I never knew I needed. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 07-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #105
gone traveling

Toyota Technical
davebarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #106
Recycles dryer sheets

For me truck cap, running boards, weather floors mates. And raccoon caller! Tried it and can’t believe how well it works. Definitely don’t put it by your feet or you’ll have coon running up your leg!
Rocky mtn high is offline   Reply With Quote