Your recommended pickup truck accessories

Another accessory I have for my 3/4 ton truck is 600 lbs of sand in the bed. I keep it there all the time unless towing. Sure makes the ride less bone jarring. I get 12 mpg without the sand and it seems I get the same with it.

Yep, these specialized forums are great. I beta tested a start / stop defeat device for my truck and got a free production version when it was ready.

I agree on the forums. I have found a lot of useful information on there and have even gone so far as to "hack" my truck to change settings to my desire (like disabling the stop/start feature). These days, a lot of options are already installed but unless you pay for them, they aren't activated. A little hacking (with *good* software and the ability to reverse what you have done!) can enable these options.

Accessories that are a must have for me are the molded plastic carpet mats (we visit folks in the country often...so lots of dirt and mud) and a good bed cover. I have a Peragon cover (folds into the bed when not used or easily removable for storage) and love it.

This would be a good application for a rivnut.

Well, based on your recommendation, I got a rivnut tool and a supply of rivnuts. These things are life changing! I am rivnutting stuff everywhere on my truck. What a fantastic idea that I never knew I needed. Thanks for the recommendation!

Toyota Technical
520px-Ansar_Dine_Tombouctou.JPG

For me truck cap, running boards, weather floors mates. And raccoon caller! Tried it and can’t believe how well it works. Definitely don’t put it by your feet or you’ll have coon running up your leg!

Back
Top Bottom