Z-Coil and other cushiony shoe recommendations

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody wearing Z-Coil shoes?

Had them long enough to say how well they last?

Thanks for comments on these or other cushiony shoe recommendations.

DD works in IT in a hospital. A lot of the RN's and Dr's wear them and swear by them. Many times they are walking 10 plus miles per shift. Next time you visit someone there you might ask, or go to a local hospital and have a cup of coffee and inquire of those wearing them yourself. I know they are pricey or we might see them on the workforce in retailing. Not too many in grocery store or pharmacy can drop $100 on a pair of shoes though. I have also seen some of the postal workers in them.

I have some Rockport walking shoes. I need to replace them. I guess my arches are weak, doc recommended hard fiberglass arch supports. I try to put them in good walking shoes too.

I'll check out all these brands. I went to zappos.com and was overwhelmed by the selection.

I wear New Balance 993 because they are cushiony but also provide some support. Whatever you choose, don't wear them with cheap, thin socks. Thick, cushiony socks can make a huge difference! :)

shoes

Yes, good socks are essential for comfort. I favor black Thor-los which are primarily an athletic sock. They come in varying degrees of padding for various sports. I like the crew length. New Balance is also my favored athletic shoe. I find I wear a half size larger in New Balance brand.

Last edited:
I wear Thorlos socks too, their "trekking" socks which are very thick and warm (and my feet are always cold so I like the warmth). Thorlos aren't cheap but they make a huge difference to me.

When my feet are happy, I am happy, too! :D

I wear New Balance 993 because they are cushiony but also provide some support. Whatever you choose, don't wear them with cheap, thin socks. Thick, cushiony socks can make a huge difference! :)

Checked out your URL......sounds like an interesting shoe. How did you discover this? Whenever I ask the people in the shoe dept./store, they just point and say whatever we have is over there........and you're left to your own devices since they don't know much either.

Checked out your URL......sounds like an interesting shoe. How did you discover this? Whenever I ask the people in the shoe dept./store, they just point and say whatever we have is over there........and you're left to your own devices since they don't know much either.

Back in 2001 I spent a lot of time and money researching shoes online and finding a shoe that would help my (problem) feet. The same shoe that is so great for me, might or might not work for someone else, though this particular shoe is fairly popular.

If you have foot problems you might try going to a certified pedorthist instead of a shoestore. A good pedorthist will analyze your walk and determine what kind of shoe is best for you. A good pedorthist is a magician and a godsend for those with foot problems. They will most likely require a prescription from your doctor or podiatrist if you have foot problems.

Another thing you could try is going to a small local store that is mainly frequented by serious competitive runners. Most cities have one, and usually their staff is very knowledgable about shoes and will check your walk in whatever shoes you try on, and make suggestions depending on what you want. Such a shoestore will carry high end New Balance and other running shoes. We have one store like this in the New Orleans area, and the prices there are a little high but I think it is only right to buy the first pair there if you get a good gait analysis and expert advice. The only other store in the New Orleans area that I know of that carries the 990 series NB is Academy (and they provide no expert advice, but by now I know what shoe I want - - actually I often buy them online, too).

If you buy a shoe for the first time online, be sure they have a good return policy like Zappos.com

Last edited:
W2R...........thanks for the info. Pedorthist.......I thought I was well read but had never ever seen this word before. Will have to think of some way or place to show off now.

Back
Top Bottom