0.00% Loan Interest Rate

You also might be assuming that you need to 'carry a balance' on a credit card for it to be considered credit.... this is false.. when you use a CC you are borrowing money right then... you might pay it back when you get the bill and not pay any interest, but you DID borrow money...

I know you are using credit... I guess I just know the credit score is a game and I play it without paying any "interest".

Dealers love USAA,Costco buyers etc.. Makes the whole thing very easy.

At least the customers believe USAA, Costco and others. When the dealer shows the invoice for proof of cost no one believes it. I'm not saying everyone, but most.

Funny thing is that the prices customers get from buying services are mostly higher than the dealer prices. Just adding another middle man, but hey, what ever works.

I was going to ask about this. One time [-]at band camp[/-] I tried the Costco auto buying program and the price that was suggested was higher than I was going to offer anyway. I ditched the buying program and offered $500 over invoice and it was accepted (finally).
It might be worth the non-hassle of the back and forth, but I guess it depends on how much you hate the negotiations.

If the customer thinks they got a good deal then it's a good deal. People like buying services and so do the dealers. They save a lot of time and the customers think they are getting something for nothing.

If the customer thinks they got a good deal then it's a good deal. People like buying services and so do the dealers. They save a lot of time and the customers think they are getting something for nothing.
Yes, and not having to listen to the finance guy try to sell me undercoating, pin striping, krypton tire gas, or "super-duper no-stain guaranteed miracle finish fairy dust coating" - - - priceless. :D

Yes, and not having to listen to the finance guy try to sell me undercoating, pin striping, krypton tire gas, or "super-duper no-stain guaranteed miracle finish fairy dust coating" - - - priceless. :D

Are you saying that you didn't get any of this stuff, what did the neighbors say?:rolleyes:

By the way, in our dealer you still had to go through door #2 to get your car.:D

This thread reminds me of why I hate the car buying process.
Lucky for me my car is only has 170,000 miles and is just 13 years old.

This thread reminds me of why I hate the car buying process.
Lucky for me my car is only has 170,000 miles and is just 13 years old.

Not to worry, next time you buy a new car just go in and pay the asking price and make it easy.;)

:) A guy I served with got a job selling cars after he retired from the military. That was when he first learned the price shown on the sticker was negotiable...

I have to tell you that there are not too many of them out there. (heh)

Maybe he will have some luck trying to sell them for list price. ;)

Maybe he will have some luck trying to sell them for list price. ;)
Nope, I don't think he lasted more than 30 days in the car business - or in any job for that matter.

He tried his hand at a lot of different things after the military and most, like selling cars, lasted less than 90 days. I lost count but I do recall he went through more than 20 before giving up and becoming a kept man. :)

I used to have a salesperson who once said a funny thing. "the car business is what you do when you fail at everything else"

I used to have a salesperson who once said a funny thing. "the car business is what you do when you fail at everything else"

I know a few guys making six figures that might disagree with that, but for the most part, most salespeople last about 30-60 days, since most of them are not trained by anyone and have poor sales skills.............

I know a few guys making six figures that might disagree with that, but for the most part, most salespeople last about 30-60 days, since most of them are not trained by anyone and have poor sales skills.............
I could NEVER do sales. I'd be terrible at it. I'd not be good at "upselling" people on stuff they neither want nor need, and I wouldn't be good at encouraging them to buy stuff I didn't think they could afford. Plus, I just don't have the personality of a salesman. When they said "no, thank you," I wouldn't keep pushing; I'd back off. Not good for commissions.

I could NEVER do sales. I'd be terrible at it. I'd not be good at "upselling" people on stuff they neither want nor need, and I wouldn't be good at encouraging them to buy stuff I didn't think they could afford. Plus, I just don't have the personality of a salesman. When they said "no, thank you," I wouldn't keep pushing; I'd back off. Not good for commissions.

+1:rolleyes:

I agree, it's not for everyone, that's for sure.

That may be true, but I had a very successful sales manager tell me back in the day: "How many accountants, workers, office staff, engineers, graphic artists, financial analysts etc, do we need if we have NO sales":confused:

Not all sales atmospheres are like car sales..........;)

Back
Top Bottom