$1.6 Billion Lottery .. this supersedes the $1 Billion Lottery :)

It is strange, there are lots of forms of gambling I enjoy, Poker, BlackJack, trading options, but the MegaJackpot never had much appeal to me. I can't buy ticket in Hawaii so its a good thing.

I'm kinda of like W2R I figure I already won the jackpot, I think it would add stress to my life not enhance it.

If I should win the jackpot, I'd get my car radio fixed and buy a tether ball set for the backyard.

I'd also run for President. I figure if I won, I wouldn't have to pay out-of-pocket for security.

I think it would be fun to win and just not turn in the ticket.

Media would go crazy trying to figure out where the "lost" ticket was.

That would be the test, not turning in the ticket. But most people fall into the trap anyway.

Last edited:

It's surprising how many large prizes go unclaimed.

Those unclaimed prizes range from $31 million for a ticket purchased in Queens, New York in August of 2006, to $77 million for a winning ticket purchased in Georgia in June 2011. These prizes have since expired, so even if someone found the winning tickets today, they'd be out of luck.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/08/24/news/unclaimed-lottery-winnings/

omni

I was on a cruise with my 90 yo mother (the 4 kids took her as a birthday present) and I asked her what she would do with the $$. She thought a moment and decided that we would rent a yacht and a jet and cruise the Med. She picked the islands and stops, and we enjoyed the afternoon talking about it. The planning of the trip is probably better that the trip itself (no rough seas to worry about, no sunburns etc). I bought some tickets for tomorrow night's drawing and hope to be able to take Mom on her dream cruise!

Soo one quick pick. My odds are 1 in 292 million ?

I feel lucky. :dance::dance::D:LOL::facepalm:

heh heh heh - ? Will I have to return my Curmudgeon Certificate I downloaded from this forum many years ago? Oh the horror of the thought. What was I doing? ;)

At $600M after tax, it's mind-boggling to see that this unprecedented lottery prize is still not enough for you to buy this yacht. Actually, you can, but that leaves you with no money to hire a crew to operate it, maintain it, put fuel in it.

5b9bc26f80eb351c008b5e04-1334-1000.jpg

I think the various aircraft carriers are more exciting:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...uy-your-own-aircraft-carrier-hms-illustrious/

Buy one, renovate into a floating palace, good to go. Operating costs may be a little challenging though...

And then really, what would I do with even $200M?

I am happy now. I'm not stupendously wealthy like Bill Gates, but neither am I poor or needy.

Why would $200M make me any happier? Instead of spending a few bucks on lottery tickets, I'll use those few bucks to buy a nice jar of Grey Poupon and leave it at that.
OK, after thinking about it for a few days, here's what I'd do if I won $1.6 billion dollars in the lottery.

1. WHERE I'D LIVE: First, I'd have to move OUT of my Dream Home :'( because I'd need more security. I'd probably live in the penthouse of a high rise with access only through a (highly guarded) elevator. Or I could just buy the whole doggone building and have all the entrances guarded. :( Maybe I could give F the penthouse so that he could set up his ham radio antennas out on the terrace right there at the top of the building. Then I could live on the second to top story of the building.

But then there is the fact that I am utterly terrified of heights if I think there is any way I could fall through a window and plunge to my death or something. So on second thought, maybe we should live on a cruise ship. But then I'd need for it to be accompanied by an armada of guard ships.. :banghead: Oh well, I'm sure SOMETHING could be worked out. One thing's for sure, unless the ship was in port I couldn't drive a new car at all, so no fancy luxury car for me.

I'd miss my Dream home and the freedom of having no security needs, so much. :(

2. ORGANIZATIONAL CONCERNS: Once moved into a secure home, I'd have to set up something like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. They could deal with all the begging phone calls, distribute the money to relatives and charities, and heck, they could even send me a salary to live on. Of course, I'd have to spend hours every day communicating with the W2R Foundation in order to make sure that they are doing what is desired.

I'd miss having the free time that I'd then have to spend riding herd on the W2R Foundation. :(

3. WHAT I'D BUY FOR MYSELF: With my salary from the W2R Foundation I would buy.... essentially the stuff that I already have, right now.

3a. Oh, also maybe I could buy a dozen toy poodle puppies in different (natural) colors like white, grey, black, peach, and honey colors, and have my staff feed them and walk them, and have a live in veterinarian. My role would be just to play with them, y'know, the selfish stuff. :) For this post I will ignore the logistics of how one's staff could effectively walk a dog on a cruise ship.

3b. Oh, and also I might buy some fine art. Maybe a Rembrandt painting or some other creation of the famous Old Masters of art that caught my eye. :)

3c. Oh, and also I might build my own internet, with millions of forums as big and nice as this one, and no ads. I'd make it free to everyone to get online and post on my internet. But only I could use the Eva avatar. :LOL:

See? I'd just end up frittering it away like I do now. :2funny: The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The odds of getting killed by a shark before winning the lottery is higher :D

The odds of winning the Powerball play is one in 292,201,338.
The odds of winning the Megamillion play is one is 302,575,350.
The odds of getting attacked and killed by a shark is 1 in 3,748,067

Soo one quick pick. My odds are 1 in 292 million ?

I feel lucky. :dance::dance::D:LOL::facepalm:

heh heh heh - ? Will I have to return my Curmudgeon Certificate I downloaded from this forum many years ago? Oh the horror of the thought. What was I doing? ;)

You can buy it online, at least in IL you can.
Well, it is unfortunate I happen to live in a state that doesn't have the lotto. I can't buy a ticket online and buying a lottery ticket within my states borders is prohibited . I would have to drive to a state that has the lotto to participate. Buying an out of state lottery ticket is allowed .

Last edited:
The odds of getting killed by a shark before winning the lottery is higher :D

The odds of winning the Powerball play is one in 292,201,338.
The odds of winning the Megamillion play is one is 302,575,350.
The odds of getting attacked and killed by a shark is 1 in 3,748,067

I am curious. Aren't the 2 games effectively using the same concept; if so why wouldn't the odds of winning be the same for each?

I’ll just charter my jets and yachts, thank you very much!

Oh wait - that’s not going to fit my budget since I don’t play the lottery.

I bought 10 quick pics today along with beer and tequila!

I very occasionally buy a ticket, just for the entertainment value (I have delightful daydreams). Bought one today for the first time in a couple of years.
Same here. I bought one for Friday’s drawing. First time I bought one in several years. The fun I had “planning” the party I would throw was worth it. :D

Back
Top Bottom