10 Reasons Baby Boomers are Delaying Retirement

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I believe this except, the number one reason has conveniently been left off...and usually is in these polls/articles.

I guess the original title was too long - "The 10 [-]Excuses[/-] Reasons Baby Boomers Give for the Number One Reason* they are Delaying Retirement."
*(Not Planning-Saving-Investing-Spending for Retirement until it's late in the game) :cool:

10 Reasons Baby Boomers are Delaying Retirement - Planning to Retire (usnews.com)

Attachments

• Reasons.jpg
    Reasons.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 45
I guess the original title was too long - "The 10 [-]Excuses[/-] Reasons Baby Boomers Give for the Number One Reason* they are Delaying Retirement."

*(Not Planning-Saving-Investing-Spending for Retirement until it's late in the game) :cool:
If that was the case, there would only be one line on the chart :LOL: ...

"Cost of living increases." But there haven't been any, right? Right?? :whistle::nonono:

Amethyst

This is probably true for most Mid and Upper Middle-Class families. Because they made enough during their working lifetime to be able to save (if they budgeted).

Probably not the case for lower middle class and certainly not the case for the working poor. They live from pay check to pay check. You can only LBYM if it is possible. Most people will only deprive themselves so much.

10 Reason Boomers are Delaying Retirement

10) No money
9) No money
8) No money
7) No money
6) No money
5) No money
4) No money
3) No money
2) No money
1) No money

"Cost of living increases."
Actually, my retirement is based upon the "cost of loving inreases".

Today, I sit at home with the dogs while my DW is off to Egypt on a Nile cruise :whistle: ...

I "sacrifice" being at home while she's off touring the world :angel: ..

BTW, don't feel sorry for me (I hate travel - really :mad: ...). Heck, with these new security scanners, they don't address me by the name on my ticket - they just call me "shorty" :ROFLMAO: ...

Today, I sit at home with the dogs while my DW is off to Egypt on a Nile cruise :whistle: ...

I "sacrifice" being at home while she's off touring the world :angel: ..

In 2003 DH went on a 4 day trip with our sons to a couple of amusements parks. At the time we had an elderly cat with health issues. My excuse/reason to stay home was the cat but I was happy to not have to go to amusement parks. I don't like rides and the admission is expensive for me to wait around for other people while they wait in line.

I hope your wife enjoys her trip and that you enjoy your time at home alone.

Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Alan Greenspan, Phil Gramm, Jim Leach, Tom Bliley, Dick Armey, Bill Clinton, Robert Rubin and Larry Summers.

Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Alan Greenspan, Phil Gramm, Jim Leach, Tom Bliley, Dick Armey, Bill Clinton, Robert Rubin and Larry Summers.

Soapbox is closed keegs. Read up on it if you don't know the history.

-ERD50

I hope your wife enjoys her trip and that you enjoy your time at home alone.
As do I :angel:

As they say, "if she's happy, I'm happy".

Just checked the flights; she landed in Paris (spend 6 hours there) and currently in route to Cario (she will be there for two days, then takes a flight to Luxor).

She is happy (I assume), I'm happy (as a fact).

Life is great.... :ROFLMAO: ...

go to amusement parks.
I think of the "Great Pyramid" in the same venue....

Truthfully, my years of travel when I was still empoyed (to Europe, every 4-6 weeks, for a week) turned me off to travel.

Yes, I know it was work (and not vacation); however the "travel torture" turned me off to any additional travel - when it was my option....

10) No money
9) No money
8) No money
7) No money
6) No money
5) No money
4) No money
3) No money
2) No money
1) No money
Somewhere at U.S. News & World Report's Inter-Galactic HQ, Ms. Brandon's editor is yelling at her for neither one of them thinking of this straightforward approach to their analysis.

Heck, with these new security scanners, they don't address me by the name on my ticket - they just call me "shorty" :ROFLMAO: ...
Hey, it's better than "Stubby" or even "Lefty"...

Back
Top Bottom