2018 YTD investment performance thread

I look regularly every month when the paper statement comes in the mail. Good or bad I'll post it up here.

-2.04% YTD

I'm heavy equities since I'm still in the accumulation phase. Surprised it isn't worse honestly.

A whopping +0.37% at the end of April vs +0.12% at the end of March.

What a difference from the +5.60% YTD as of a year ago.

-0.08% for me Apr YTD.
Just wish for a minimum of +2.0% real by end of year 2018....

Another month, another buck lost!

End of Jan: +5.79% YTD
End of Feb: +2.06% YTD
End of Mar: +0.63% YTD
End of Apr: -1.09% YTD

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was up around 3% YTD. Darn!

Current AA: 72.6% equities, 23.6% cash, 2.2% bonds, 1.6% unknown (by Quicken).

Jan. 1st to April 30th up 1.44% all accounts includes a few CD ladders accounts. This is figured with 4 months elapsed for the year.

Last edited:
Some recovery, but still down for the year. Down 0.4%, all $ included, since 12/31.

A whopping +0.37% at the end of April vs +0.12% at the end of March.

What a difference from the +5.60% YTD as of a year ago.

My benchmark, Vanguard Life Strategy Moderate Growth, was -0.48% YTD... so I'm content with +0.37%.

+ .28% YTD. Getting hammered in my individual picks, CASY, MMM, AAPL, HAS

Good time to buy I guess. MMM is down 21% on the year ouch. :(

Glad to know someone else also has MMM. Do you have FCX (Freeport McMoRan) too? :) They gave up the gain of 2017 in a hurry. Darn!

Valero (VLO) is the star of my portfolio last month. Just do not have enough of it.

I am up to a sizzling 1.11%.

I have about 1/3 of my port in a stable value fund on pace for a 2.2% return this year. The Stable Value fund does not lose money and makes at least a few $$$ each day. The rest is in VTI, VOOG.

At least my month-end dividends and interest came in 8 percent above normal last night.

Down 0.5% YTD on the retirement part of my portfolio and up 1.0% overall if I also factor in cash reserves and company stock (up 23% YTD). With the way the markets are today, tomorrow's # will no doubt be worse.

Biggest surprise is my trusted Wellesley fund. Down 2.9% YTD..bottom 6% of all funds in it's category. Very unusual for VWIAX..

New month, somewhat better picture:

• Index tracker world: -1%
  • Index tracker non-US: +2%
  • Individual stock account, incl. cash drag: +3%

All accounts in EUR, total return since Jan. 1st 2018. It seems to become a wash this year. No complaints.

Back
Top Bottom