2024 Investment Performance Thread

For myself, I am including T-Bill's and CD's marked to market.
Same here. I scrape the holdings pages at all of my financial sites. I suppose another way would be to ignore the market price and go with some kind of fixed rate of return, but that would be too much work.

For myself, I am including T-Bill's and CD's marked to market.

Same here. I scrape the holdings pages at all of my financial sites. I suppose another way would be to ignore the market price and go with some kind of fixed rate of return, but that would be too much work.
Same here but using the current Fidelity positions view for values for treasuries etc.

Thanks. I put my brother into Contra way back when Jeff Vinik was running it.

Awesome! have been in Contra fund for 15 or so years and it has done well for me. I always suggest it for those that can invest in it.

Automated?

Like log onto your sites and scrape data from the positions for your accounts?

my fidelity blue chip growth fund is up 14.28% ytd

that is 28% of my growth and income portfolio so it’s been an amazing start.

portfolio up 5.25% including bond portion.

i run a smaller income model with 25% equities and much more conservative equity funds and that is up just under 3%

i lalso run a 100% equities model which is half vti and half berkshire

berkshire up almost 15% and vti 6.48 so 10.74% between them.

for comparison , TBIL a cash instrument etf is up 1.08%

i track them all individually

however , i have been playing around with a leveraged risk parity portfolio called the caroline reaper.

it is supposed to perform like a 60/40 but with way less risk and volatility.

20% upro 3x stock
13.3% tyd 3x bond
67% dbmf managed futures fund

its up a crazy 6.85%

Last edited:
Automated?

Like log onto your sites and scrape data from the positions for your accounts?
Yes, but it's a constant source of frustration.
It's a two-step process, and requires constant tweaking. I have a browser plug-in that saves the page as you see it (using the DOM). I also have a plug-in that enters my passwords. Then I drive the browser with a scripting scheme that uses image matching, which gets me to the holdings screen, at which point I save the page. The second step is a program that parses the HTML files saved above and makes a single CSV file that has all positions across all investment and banking sites. It's a hobby.

Yes, but it's a constant source of frustration.
It's a two-step process, and requires constant tweaking. I have a browser plug-in that saves the page as you see it (using the DOM). I also have a plug-in that enters my passwords. Then I drive the browser with a scripting scheme that uses image matching, which gets me to the holdings screen, at which point I save the page. The second step is a program that parses the HTML files saved above and makes a single CSV file that has all positions across all investment and banking sites. It's a hobby.

One thing though is that sites are constantly changing layouts, like Vanguard did a year or two ago.

It's not a financial site but I've been using TripIt for years because I liked the layout and the printout that it produces.

But now they're previewing a "new site" that screws up all the formatting of the information I enter.

So in a few months I will either have to adapt or look for another site.

Four accounts:
My 401K rollover 4.47% YTD, 65/35 AA
DW 401K rollover 2.89% YTD, 42/58 AA
My Roth 4.37% YTD, 79/21 AA Mostly SPY and poor choices
DW Roth 6.22% YTD, 74/26 AA Heavily invested in NVDA, MSFT and AMZN

Last edited:
YTD investment return, time weighted inclusive of dividends, interest and mark to market gains / losses. And exclusive of any withdrawals / additions during the period.

21.24%

All equity portfolio, slightly levered.

Strong results across all holdings, except AAPL.

Big winners of note in Q1 were NVDA, AMZN, and FANG although all energy holdings were up to a lesser extent - COP, OXY, and HES. The small amount I have in bitcoin also helped out.

Very pleased to beat the returns of the SP 500 benchmark- which is up 10.5% YTD.

Our Schwab portfolio has moved more conservative to an AA of 52/48, equity/fixed income, versus 65/35 for 2023

YTD +1.14% ending January
YTD +4.50% ending February
YTD +6.41% ending March

+7.85% through the first quarter of the year.

My taxable account (97/3) +8.26%
An account that I manage that is historically more conservative (85/15): +6.69%
Spouse's taxable account that is (99/1): +7.73%
Spouse's IRA (92/8): 8.25%

Last edited:
I just ran my numbers, and it looks like...

1/31/2024: +0.78% YTD.
2/29/2024: +4.67% YTD.
3/28/2024: +7.33% YTD.

Up 8.87 % 2024 YTD

98 % stock 2 % cash

My exposure to small caps ( IWM) has me lagging S and P a bit, but I'm actually beating NASDAQ very slightly

Last edited:
Up 12.13% YTD on $1.74 million

19% Fidelity Bitcoin ETF, Bitcoin and Bitcoin industry stocks, almost all of it in Roth IRAs.

42% stock index funds in T-IRAs

39% bond index funds in T-IRAs.

58 and 60 years old, semi-retired

Last edited:
+5% through end of March on 55/45 equity/fixed

Jan '24 : +1.35%
Feb '24: +5.1% unfortunately trailing the SP500 with my massive position in AAPL and the bit of a hit that's taken. 100% equities, ~66% Magnificent 7, 34% AAPL
Mar' 24 +5%. Flat month with AAPL dragging me down. People warned me not to be so exposed to one equity, but here I am. It's treated me well in the past.

Up 7.1% for Q1. 70/30

Back
Top Bottom