AAII--Any Members Here?

JPatrick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've thought about joining for years, but never taken the plunge. Now I find myself considering it again--$29 for a year.
If you are a member, tell what you think about the value of a subscription.
I consider myself an experienced investor, but also smart enough to know there is always more to learn.

Worth it. I subscribe. Frequent articles on academic/objective bases for portfolio construction.

I subscribed after I read a recent issue with a long interview with Bill Sharpe.

I got a life membership about ten years ago for $390. I've been quite pleased with the value, as I sometimes get valuable perspectives from their publications.

I got it for many years before there was much available online but stopped it maybe five or so years ago. I suggest trying it for a year and see if it meets your needs.

I did a trial subscription last year, and for the most part I enjoy and have found some value in their monthly newsletter. The only problem is that you get a LOT of solicitations (email, letters) to renew as you come within 3 months of expiration. Unless you are a life member they keep coming at you with reminders to renew. I'm thinking of renewing, but have not made up my mind yet.

Got my lifetime membership in 1990. Worth it. Especially if there are local chapter meetings near you. I'd check out Betterinvesting as well. You do not have to join an investment club to be a member of betterinvesting. If you want to learn about personal investing, aaii is the way to go. If you want to develop your stock selection ability, better investing is the way to go.

Thanks for the input folks, I had never heard of Betterinvesting before, so I'll look that over along with AAII. Both sound like they have happy customers.
One other I'll toss into the mix--Morning* I use it mainly to track my portfolios and for research. Two others while I'm at it are Barchart and Optionetics.
Barchart for quick check of a stocks technicals and a current list of the 100 best/worst stocks.
Optionetics provides several lists of options that are performing (or not)based on selected parameters. I have used this to select probably 80% of my option ideas over the years. Of course, timing is everything on this one..

Back
Top Bottom