Another saving tip. Watch TV on PC!!! Share your link.

Enuff2Eat

Full time employment: Posting here.
I try to watch TV on my PC because it saves time and eliminate as much as commercial as possible. Here are what I use to watch online

a) espn360.com This site allow you to watch live sports and replay of recent event like the Australia 2010 Tennis Open.

b) fearnet.com. 10-15 movies are available with very limited of commercial ads.

I checked Surf the Channel and Hulu both are very limited because of the Megavideo time watch limited. There are way to go around but it's a pain. I like to watch other channel but having a hard time to find a good one. Kindly share your link.

enuff2eat

Nice tip, but I don't watch much TV. Have been spending too much time BS'ing in this forum.

DW likes to watch ESPN 360. I like watching old TV series on Hulu.

Thanks. I'm also trying to watch more TV on internet - it's hard to find good sites - and some of the video sites seem to have more commercials than regular TV...

I try to watch TV on my PC because it saves time and eliminate as much as commercial as possible. Here are what I use to watch online

a) espn360.com This site allow you to watch live sports and replay of recent event like the Australia 2010 Tennis Open.

b) fearnet.com. 10-15 movies are available with very limited of commercial ads.

I checked Surf the Channel and Hulu both are very limited because of the Megavideo time watch limited. There are way to go around but it's a pain. I like to watch other channel but having a hard time to find a good one. Kindly share your link.

enuff2eat

I've use Hulu but think the quality is poor. I'm not sure if that's my computer's problem or Hulu's (or some point in between).

I don't undersand the meaning of "limited because of the Megavideo time watch limited". Maybe you could expand on that.

A caveat to some of these sites: they only work if you use an American ISP. For instance if I go to nbc.com and try to watch the office it'll tell me I can't because I'm not connecting from inside the US.

I thought about getting to one of those PC to TV services (one time purchase) in an attempt to keep up with my home sports teams when I'm out of town. However, I wasn't sure how legit or any value those services are so decided to get a Slingbox. Now I can watch my home tv broadcast on my laptop computer. (It still isn't perfect for games as my broadband speed is not superfast which means lower resolution when viewing through the internet, but I set my Slingbox window on a small screen setting and imagine I have an old Sony watchman color TV :D). I'm quite happy with my setup.

No mention of Boxee yet? I don't use it, but since we're paying for satellite to the tv the bigger screen gets watched.

Back
Top Bottom