Any way to print reports out of FIDO "Full view" screen

tominboise

Recycles dryer sheets
The reports are pretty good in the FIDO full view (Holdings Detail and Net Worth), but I can't figure out how to download or print them.

Has anyone done this?

I'm not a Fido guy, but when I want something that is on a screen I simply hit the "Print Screen" key, then I open up Irfanview and paste (ctrl-v). You get a jpg that you can print or save. If you really need the info you can OCR the jpg too.

https://www.irfanview.com/ Free, and really good.

Hmm...I never really explored the Full View feature but it looks like I can just use my browser print function (Microsoft edge/Win 10), select landscape mode and it seems to work fine.

Out of Firefox I just use the Open menu (three lines at the upper RH corner of the screen) and select PRINT. I set it to something like 85%. It is not perfect, and I lose a bit of the fine print off the bottom, but it works. It seems like a logical feature for them to have an export function, but nothing that I could find.

It will screen print but cuts off the right edge. The tip about landscape or 85% will probably do it. Hadn't thought of either of those.

Thanks!

F11 key will put most browsers into full screen mode. That might help too.

If you're using FireFox there is an extension called Fireshot. I use it to capture long pages, and it has a PDF option, even in free version. I don't have Fidelity or I would run a test for you.

To be clear, this is like a screen capture, so you don't get a text readable PDF.

Well, I couldn't get any of these methods to work, so I cut and pasted from the report screen into google sheets. It worked fine and the data pasted into the correct columns, etc. So I recommend this method if trying to print from Fullview. Excel would likely work this way as well.

Google "Snipping Tool". PCs have it built in. You can save screenshots of anything on your screen.

Back
Top Bottom