Anyone still believe in Bogle?

Oh and one more thing - LSU and Alabama, Nov 8th, Tiger stadium, Baton Rouge.

heh heh heh - home field not withstanding, I think Saban has this one! :angel:

like Bogle's balanced index, policy portfolio - agile, mobile, and hostile.

ok ok it's a stretch but you get the idea. Right?

Oh and one more thing - LSU and Alabama, Nov 8th, Tiger stadium, Baton Rouge.

heh heh heh - home field not withstanding, I think Saban has this one! :angel:

Your probably right. But the sawed off little buzzard makes too much money. I'll have to pull for LSU. ;)

FYI, since some information has already be deduced, Roger has been excused and shouldn't inconvenience you any further. He was a known problem poster in disguise.

Out of the market poster in Nov. 2007. How about you? Still following the Kool Aid saleman?

I've seen plenty of posts and met plenty of people telling me they were out of the market last November,

Yet nobody was posting last November about getting out and non of the self professed experts want to show me their confirms.

It matters not whether thou believest in Bogle. Bogle believest in thou. :angel:

FYI, since some information has already be deduced, Roger has been excused and shouldn't inconvenience you any further. He was a known problem poster in disguise.
Cooool...thanks Mods! My [-]troll cage[/-] 'Ignore List' is empty again.....'til the next loser comes along. :D

a lot of Bogleheads looked at the 1980 - 2000 returns and thought they would always continue. if you look at the last 100 years or so there are several periods of 10 - 22 years where the market is flat with severe losses in between. if you are a buy and hold investor than you should be prepared to live through these.

good thing is that these tend to run in fairly regular patterns and you can guess the next approximate bear market within a year or two.

a lot of Bogleheads looked at the 1980 - 2000 returns and thought they would always continue. if you look at the last 100 years or so there are several periods of 10 - 22 years where the market is flat with severe losses in between. if you are a buy and hold investor than you should be prepared to live through these.

good thing is that these tend to run in fairly regular patterns and you can guess the next approximate bear market within a year or two.

Exacta mundo on part one - SEC yield and the Norwegian widow are my faithfull companions. Hence my long running pssst Wellesley humor.

As for part two - nailing the bear timing even within a year or two - 'You're a better man than I am Gunga Din.'

heh heh heh - :angel:

major bull market tops

2000 or 2007 depending on how you look at it

approximately 40 years between each one

major bear market bottoms
2013?

approximately 40 years between each on depending on when the current bear will bottom

there are a lot of smaller bull market tops in between, 1907, 1937, 1919, 1914, 1987, 1966 and too many others

i'm reading The Elliott Wave Principle and there is a section there about some guy who decided to map all the bull/bear markets back in the 1950's or sometime back then. He found that if you look at the number of years/weeks/months between them they all followed a regular pattern. I think his data was up to the 1950's or 1960's and up until 1987 the pattern followed exactly to the year. and the interval period between them also matched up to Fibonacci (aka Leanardo of Pisa) numbers whether it was years, months or weeks. up until 1987 it was 8,9 and then 10 years for bull/bear cycles. first it would be 8 years, then 9 and then 10 and then repeat the pattern.

this is why i don't invest in Target funds. i'm scheduled to retire around 2035 and there will probably be a major bear market if history repeats itself. why would i want to be in bonds when stocks will probably make some nice gains just before the bear

major bull market tops -----------------------------------------------
approximately 40 years between each on depending on when the current bear will bottom

this is why i don't invest in Target funds. i'm scheduled to retire around 2035 and there will probably be a major bear market if history repeats itself. why would i want to be in bonds when stocks will probably make some nice gains just before the bear

Schrodinger's cat.

heh heh heh - :angel: I'm in ER - like the late Bear Bryant's ideal linebacker - stay balanced - that way you never have to open the box to see if the cat is dead or alive.

Now that my curiosity has been piqued ...
Is there a cross-reference to his previous screennames? :)
From the sentence structure I'm guessing OAP, but it's a small sample of his usual work.

The irony is that when OAP originally came on the board, after a lifetime of accumulation he couldn't stand to watch the balance drop in his money-market account. Maybe he's made some progress since then.

Back
Top Bottom