Anyone use Fidelity Professionally Managed Services?

I do have some, maybe 15% in a tax-managed account intended to help reduce tax bite. Therefore invested all in individual company stocks. Overall it has done me good, and think it justifies the fee. Rest of my stuff is self-managed, but thought I would try the service and see results. So far good returns and some help at tax time. Will it always be good? That's the question. For right now my answer is to let them continue with it.

I have been in Fidelity managed accounts (Portfolio Advisory Services - I assume this is what you're asking about) since mid-2014. I don't have a lot of confidence in my own ability to manage investments, though my Fidelity rep admits I did well overall. Overall I am satisfied with the service. I'm paying about 1% but returns have been decent and the peace-of-mind is worth a lot. I check up on the accounts several times a week and have discussions with portfolio managers twice a year. The accounts don't trade often, but I get plausible explanations when they do. I do like that they are "tax-efficient".

Back
Top Bottom