Anyone want a Robinhood Account Code?

That does not work. For some reason...
Code was used.

Sorry it is only good for one new member. I guess I will try to delete this thread.

Edit: I flagged it and asked a mod to delete it, I don't have the access.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of Robinhood so I looked around and found this

IPhone App Robinhood Luring Users With Zero-Commission Trading - Bloomberg Business
Basically, the article explains that this is a startup by two guys who think they have found a way to provide the ultra-low-cost (approaching zero) trades that institutions use to the masses. They have other ways to make money in their plan.

Although the code ERTX posted was used and is no longer valid, those interested can get more information and follow future developments directly at the site:
https://robinhood.com

Sorry it is only good for one new member. I guess I will try to delete this thread.

Edit: I flagged it and asked a mod to delete it, I don't have the access.
I got in line. Maybe 150,000 ahead of me? LOL.

I started reading more about it, and not sure. But I'll keep my ear to the rail.

You are most welcome, Mike. I really like my Robinhood account, so far and hope you do too.

Trying to keep under the SIPC amount, I have gone further and further off the beaten track to find accounts that I can max out.

I receive a code about once a month and will post my next one in this thread. Thank you.

I just used the third code. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I don't even have an Apple device. I am the IT dept so I borrowed one that was in inventory. I assumed I wouldn't get an immediate approval. I might have to get the cheapest iDevice to use this app. Don't know if I can virtualize iOS like I can Android.

I don't even have an Apple device. I am the IT dept so I borrowed one that was in inventory. I assumed I wouldn't get an immediate approval. I might have to get the cheapest iDevice to use this app. Don't know if I can virtualize iOS like I can Android.
They did a trial deposit to verify my checking account. Robinhood app requires iOS 7 or newer. The oldest/cheapest device that supports iOS 7 is the iPhone 4. Bought one on swappa.com in mint condition with Otterbox Defender case for $65 ship. Shouldn't be hard to make back the $65, was paying Vanguard $7 per trade.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure you still can. I think I signed up when I first heard of it.

Gotcha. Well, looks like they only use Apple for now, so I will be sitting it out until the Android version is released. I think that's odd even though they show "Google Ventures" at the bottom of the page.

Gotcha. Well, looks like they only use Apple for now, so I will be sitting it out until the Android version is released. I think that's odd even though they show "Google Ventures" at the bottom of the page.
In 10 trades it will pay for the iPhone I purchased. If you hit up your friends and family they might just have a iPhone 4 or 4s sitting in a drawer they would give you.

Will iOS 7 even run on my device? And will my device be able to utilize all of its new features?

First things first, the only compatible devices are as follows:

iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPad 2
3rd generation iPad with Retina
4th generation iPad with Retina
iPad Mini
5th generation iPod touch

Apple's iOS 7 Compatibility: Supported Devices And Features -- AppAdvice
I am Anti-Apple but I am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Daughter donated her 4s to me for many years of loyal service...
I just got an account. Even though 1 million were ahead of me, I shared their link to Twitter, and that moved me up very quickly.
Now I'll get the app and see how to fund the account.

They offered an account pretty quick with me even without sharing codes or what not. I think it was 2, maybe 3 days? I attempted to fund it through USAA but for whatever reason, it said there were no accounts associated with the USAA account. Not sure what that was about, but since my credit was/is frozen, it will take a few more days to approve the account anyway. Time to go find a cheap Apple device.

Got my mint condition iPhone 4 for $65, upgraded to most current iOS (7.1.2), used Pangu to jailbreak and install Cydia, installed Veency (VNC), now I can remote into the iPhone and don't have to carry it around. Note that if the iPhone is rebooted and not activated on a cellular network you will have to unlock before it connects to Wi-Fi.

I carry a Nexus 4 (Android) and I am generally anti-Apple, overpriced and pompous. I pay $7 to Vanguard for a trade and only trade at least $1k at a time to justify the trade cost. I could justify a Apple device since it will pay for itself in 7 trades and I can trade lesser amounts. I would use Interactive Brokers but not willing to tie up $10k.

Attachments

• iphone2.jpg
    iphone2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 11
  • iphone1.jpg
    iphone1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom