As GM goes so goes the nation (and market), your thoughts and predictions

Did any of you see the pictures of the auto execs arriving in private aircraft to plead for the taxpayer's dollar:confused:? Do those guys have any good sense? Folks are angry, big time, at executives to plead poverty with this lifestyle. I thought there was some posibility of help but the prospects are dimming by the hour.

Did any of you see the pictures of the auto execs arriving in private aircraft to plead for the taxpayer's dollar:confused:? Do those guys have any good sense? Folks are angry, big time, at executives to plead poverty with this lifestyle. I thought there was some posibility of help but the prospects are dimming by the hour.
Amazing [URL]http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/WallStreet/story?id=6285739&page=1[/URL], you have to watch the video to fully appreciate how out of touch they really are.
Chief Executive Rick Wagoner's salary and other compensation rose 64 percent in 2007 to about $15.7 million, mainly due to option grants, according to a proxy filed on Friday.
Ford Motor Co Chief Executive Alan Mulally had earned more than $22 million in 2007.
I guess they're doing a great job based on the compensation...

It does look bad. Some of it may be justified though - they are running from meetings in Detroit to DC, commercial flights just take longer. You aren't going to tell Congress to wait.

This guy, flying jets around while he tells others to ride bikes is full of it too:

YouTube - Al Gore Takes Private Jet - 9/9/07 (Complete Version)

-ERD50

It does look bad. Some of it may be justified though - they are running from meetings in Detroit to DC, commercial flights just take longer. You aren't going to tell Congress to wait.

-ERD50

But this is exactly the point! If they need a handout from taxpayers, then first they need to cut back until it inconveniences them and others, at the very least. They really should cut back until it hurts like hell. Just like everyone else who is losing their job and/or their retirement savings. These CEOs are not lords of the manor; they are just people with a job. They need to act like it.

Back
Top Bottom