Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2020 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
no hits with a google search so therefore they don't exist.

This rate seems suspiciously high in this market. Website says Globe Limited Group is an HSBC Company and FDIC insured. Sold a rental property and looking for something safe. Anyone have experience with them?

FDIC insured from a non-US bank? Not happening. This is 99% scam.

Moving this over to the Bank/CD thread

IMO anytime you are not dealing directly with the bank that is issuing the CD other than brokered CDs from a recognized broker like Vanguard, Fido, Schwab, TDAmeritrade, et al, you should be skeptical.

Last edited:
This rate seems suspiciously high in this market. Website says Globe Limited Group is an HSBC Company and FDIC insured. Sold a rental property and looking for something safe. Anyone have experience with them?

Their address states "3785 WILSHIRE BLVD LOS ANGELES". We live in the Los Angeles area and there is a HSBC bank in the building at that address.

https://www.branchspot.com/ca/los-angeles/hsbc-bank-usa/

However, "Globe Limited Group" is not in the FDIC data base.

https://research2.fdic.gov/bankfind/

The going rate for a 1 or 2 year CD is currently 1.85% (American Express). We have an Amex Savings account and they are FIDC insured.

Sounds like a scam to me.
Where is the link?
Is the rep named Mark Guntle?

This is the exact same website as almost nailed me a couple of weeks ago.

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! STAY AWAY!

The address and phone number have changed, but the website itself is exactly the same. They haven't even changed the CD rates.

Sounds like a scam to me.
Where is the link?
Is the rep named Mark Guntle?

The mods probably won't let a link be posted, but you can just google the name Globe Limited Group HSBC and you'll see it. And since they had previously stolen the identity of Mark Guntle when they were using the address in Great Falls VA, they are probably using the name of someone at the address in LA.

The mods probably won't let a link be posted, but you can just google the name Globe Limited Group HSBC and you'll see it. And since they had previously stolen the identity of Mark Guntle when they were using the address in Great Falls VA, they are probably using the name of someone at the address in LA.

Agree it is the same scam as before.
They just moved the address and changed the number and most likely the contact.

Maybe a bunch of us should call and waste their time for a while for the fun of it.
Caller ID. Maybe not such a good idea, especially if this is a group seriously trying to scam people.

Well, I'll go ahead and report this one to the FBI and FTC again. It took about 10 days before the last website was taken down. I'll just keep googling high yield cds and every time I find them I'll report them. At least until they get motivated enough to change the website so that I can't recognize it.

The person who reported the site this time was a first time poster. Hmmm...Mark, is that you?

Well, I'll go ahead and report this one to the FBI and FTC again. It took about 10 days before the last website was taken down. I'll just keep googling high yield cds and every time I find them I'll report them. At least until they get motivated enough to change the website so that I can't recognize it.

The person who reported the site this time was a first time poster. Hmmm...Mark, is that you?
Don't know Mark, but I am a first time poster. Thanks everyone for your responses. I knew it was too good to be true.

Amex announced a rate reduction for their high yield savings account from 1.7% APR to 1.6% APR. Effective today.

- Rita

So, I just had a decent sized CD mature at Synchrony. I have the GTE Financial 5 year 3% Add-on that I opened last year (August) with $500 to hold it. I know the GTE Financial tried to back out of that deal, then relented. Looking at my account, it does show the 3% rate.

I'm thinking of putting those funds there - any last minute gotcha's that anyone here has encountered before doing so? (Other than the fact that I'm committing those funds for the next 4.5 years.)

So, I just had a decent sized CD mature at Synchrony. I have the GTE Financial 5 year 3% Add-on that I opened last year (August) with $500 to hold it. I know the GTE Financial tried to back out of that deal, then relented. Looking at my account, it does show the 3% rate.

I'm thinking of putting those funds there - any last minute gotcha's that anyone here has encountered before doing so? (Other than the fact that I'm committing those funds for the next 4.5 years.)

I have the same deal at GTE.
I just added 90k to my $500 last week with no issues at all. I visited the CU in person just to make sure there were no gotchas.
Everything looks good in the account and the 3% interest calculation was correct at month end.

Loaded my GTE 3% account on 3/11. Gotchas: $10 wire in fee, $25 wire out fee. ACH limit $1000/day. So when you want your money out you will be looking at a wire fee. Think they said the $1000 ACH limit was for pushes OR pulls on withdrawals, which is very odd, so verify. Otherwise it was easy enough to get them to take my money..via ACH from Ally.

Loaded my GTE 3% account on 3/11. Gotchas: $10 wire in fee, $25 wire out fee. ACH limit $1000/day. So when you want your money out you will be looking at a wire fee. Think they said the $1000 ACH limit was for pushes OR pulls on withdrawals, which is very odd, so verify. Otherwise it was easy enough to get them to take my money..via ACH from Ally.

My ACH was from Ally too with no cost.

I think ACH is getting faster. I just initiated my Monthly ACH from Vanguard Yesterday and it hit my Credit Union today. Not bad really I think.

I think ACH is getting faster. I just initiated my Monthly ACH from Vanguard Yesterday and it hit my Credit Union today. Not bad really I think.

I just had the exact opposite with an ACH with Discover Bank. Took 10 days to do a xfer between accounts that have had a regularly scheduled monthly transfer for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom