Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 12:43 AM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
The Ally 15 month "Select" promotional CD offer has been extended to 5/04/21 and is currently still offered at 0.65%.

If you rollover a maturing Ally CD you get an additional 0.05% interest rate bonus added.
https://www.ally.com/go/bank/15m-select-cd/
This offer automatically renews into a 12 month CD, so one would need to actively manage this aspect if not wishing to do so.
Easy to do, but just need to be aware of.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2021, 07:39 AM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
This offer automatically renews into a 12 month CD, so one would need to actively manage this aspect if not wishing to do so.
Easy to do, but just need to be aware of.
Very easy to do. You might have to wait until within 12 months of maturing, but then you can change renew options online to move funds to savings or whatever.

60 day interest early withdrawal penalty too, which is about as good as it gets for a penalty.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:25 AM   #63
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Very easy to do. You might have to wait until within 12 months of maturing, but then you can change renew options online to move funds to savings or whatever.

60 day interest early withdrawal penalty too, which is about as good as it gets for a penalty.
There is also a 10 day grace period starting on the maturity date if you need to make changes
Old 02-01-2021, 08:34 PM   #64
Dryer sheet wannabe

Marcus Bank Goldman Sachs has 0.70% APY bonus savings available:
https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings...e=TIM-N2W-U53P
Old 02-01-2021, 09:12 PM   #65
Give me a forum ...

For 3 months...
Quote:
... Simply open an Online Savings Account as a new customer by clicking below, and for 3 months, you could earn an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) that's 0.20% higher than the stated APY available at marcus.com.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
Old 02-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #66
Give me a forum ...

I received a flyer in the mail but cannot find any details online......

M&T Bank MyChoice Premium Checking Bonus offer
Open new account by 2/26 with promo code CA
Maintain average monthly balance of $10k for March and April
Bonus of $350 will be credited by 5/31.

$50 close out fee if account is closed within 180 days. Offer not available in all regions
Old 02-03-2021, 01:29 PM   #67
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
I received a flyer in the mail but cannot find any details online......

M&T Bank MyChoice Premium Checking Bonus offer
Open new account by 2/26 with promo code CA
Maintain average monthly balance of $10k for March and April
Bonus of $350 will be credited by 5/31.

$50 close out fee if account is closed within 180 days. Offer not available in all regions
I did this deal a couple years ago. Had to go in to the local branch to do it. The account was set up very quickly - in and out in 20 minutes. Bonus was credited when indicated. Closed account after the 180 days past. Once you pass the window for the bonus, you can lower the balance to the minimum to avoid fees.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
I did this deal a couple years ago. Had to go in to the local branch to do it. The account was set up very quickly - in and out in 20 minutes. Bonus was credited when indicated. Closed account after the 180 days past. Once you pass the window for the bonus, you can lower the balance to the minimum to avoid fees.

According to the fine print you should be eligible if it’s been more than 12 months. I just tied up my disposable cash in the Marcus promo and don’t really wanna jump thru hoops or start up with a new bank.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:50 PM   #69

Quote:
According to the fine print you should be eligible if it’s been more than 12 months. I just tied up my disposable cash in the Marcus promo and don’t really wanna jump thru hoops or start up with a new bank.
Thanks - will look into it...but we've also loaded up on other promos already so not much free cash floating around here either. Have one with Marcus, two with Citi, and two with Chase.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #70
Give me a forum ...

M&T Bank has another promo that is $250 for opening a new account with "qualifying" direct deposits of $500 within 90 days. That might actually be better if you can pass the qualifying direct deposit test, I can't.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:45 PM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

On a semi related matter, I didn't know until today that interest on a no penalty 11 month Ally CD is not credited at year end for tax purposes, but only at maturity and thus taxed in that associated year.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:03 PM   #72
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
On a semi related matter, I didn't know until today that interest on a no penalty 11 month Ally CD is not credited at year end for tax purposes, but only at maturity and thus taxed in that associated year.
Yes! I discovered this on Jan 1 and was quite delighted that my taxable income for the year was lower than expected!
Old 02-03-2021, 06:48 PM   #73

Had some Navy Federal cd’s mature today. Moved it over to T-mobile savings 1% until I can find something better. This is available to everyone even if you do not use T-Mobile and is FDIC insured.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:46 PM   #74
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireAge50 View Post
Had some Navy Federal cd’s mature today. Moved it over to T-mobile savings 1% until I can find something better. This is available to everyone even if you do not use T-Mobile and is FDIC insured.

Any downside to this T-Mobile checking at 1%. Right now I have some money in Ally at 0.5%. Obviously 1% sounds better. :-)
Old 02-04-2021, 05:36 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergLust View Post
Any downside to this T-Mobile checking at 1%. Right now I have some money in Ally at 0.5%. Obviously 1% sounds better. :-)

It doesn’t have the fanciest web page or app (and everything is pink[emoji254]). The rate has remained 1% so may not adjust upward if rates move in the future.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:48 AM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergLust View Post
Here's anther plus:

Quote:
No account fees and over 55K no-fee ATMs.
It's an interesting time when one looks at the one-time bonus payment and the no-fee ATM and thinks that is where the big money is made with deposits these days.

Does anybody know which credit monitoring service they use? That would need to be thawed.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:19 PM   #77
Give me a forum ...

Is there a bonus at T-Mobile?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #78
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Is there a bonus at T-Mobile?
Do not think so.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-b...eck-hmbradley/

Hi all: What do you think about this one? FDIC insured. soft pull. Good interest rate potential (3%). 1% at the onset and as long as you can manage a real direct deposits and don't have a lot of money moving out, it seems good.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #80
Full time employment: Posting here.

the only "bonus" is the 4% interest on the first $3k.
Closed Thread