Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022

WADR to those of you posting about treasuries and bonds in this thread, I'd like to politely request that those discussions be held in a separate (very active) thread such as this:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/we-are-entering-a-golden-period-for-fixed-income-investing-114400.html

IMHO, it would be better not to have to wade through pages of comments about purchasing bonds and treasuries for those of us who just want to see the latest updates on CDs and high yield savings rates. My two cents :cool: :angel:

IMHO, it would be better not to have to wade through pages of comments about purchasing bonds and treasuries for those of us who just want to see the latest updates on CDs and high yield savings rates. My two cents :cool: :angel:
I can understand that, but I'd also point out that many who stick to CDs may not be familiar with how simple it is to buy treasuries which are just as safe and secure and for maturities up to 2 years, pay higher interest that is also state tax-free. I was a CD guy until I learned more about treasuries in this thread and others.

Also, I knew nothing about brokered CDs previously. At Vanguard, at least, you buy brokered CDs and treasuries from the very same screen so there is a lot of overlap in the information.

Yeah, sorry I mentioned corporates. We can go to the Golden Age thread for that discussion. Everything else about brokered CDs and probably treasuries makes sens here. People want the "Best CD rate" (title of this thread) and many are brokered. Buying them is very similar to buying a bond or treasury. They all swim in the same lake.

But perhaps this thread should just be about deals and maybe we need a thread on mechanics of buying fixed instruments? I guess the giant was sleeping and now has awakened. Everyone wants in on the fun.

At Vanguard, at least, you buy brokered CDs and treasuries from the very same screen so there is a lot of overlap in the information.
Same at Fidelity, different tabs on the same section.

Last edited:
WADR to those of you posting about treasuries and bonds in this thread, I'd like to politely request that those discussions be held in a separate (very active) thread such as this:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/we-are-entering-a-golden-period-for-fixed-income-investing-114400.html

You are absolutely correct. Sorry for my part in taking the thread on a detour. I actually came here just now to start a new thread specific to Treasury bills, notes, and bonds. I think the golden period thread is best suited for corporates.
https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/treasury-bills-notes-and-bonds-discussion-115186.html

Last edited:
Vanguard makes buying on the secondary market super easy also. You just choose the maturity you want and get a list of the available options, pick the one you want and for how much and you're done. Let me know if you have any questions about it, but it's very user-friendly and self-explanatory.

So then what is the advantage/disadvantage of buying "New Issue' vs "Secondary Market".

Mike

I would have to AGREE.

Is there a website that tracks best CD rates including ones offered by brokerage firms?
Not that I know of. For the brokered CDs, you have to go to your broker's website. At least with Vanguard, you don't need to log in (or even have an account for that matter) to see the available offerings so it's pretty easy.

Brokered CD finally hit 4% for 10 years. Callable and paid monthly.

Jonesboro State Bank

I don't see the advantage to Treasury auctions. Even if I have to pay a small amount to go secondary market it is so much easier.

I don't see the advantage to Treasury auctions. Even if I have to pay a small amount to go secondary market it is so much easier.

The auctions make it easier as you don't have to be there to place an order as you can place it in advance. Personally, I like buying/selling in the secondary market.

Ally raising interest rates again

Your Online Savings and Money Market Account rates are increasing from 1.85% to 2.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on all balance tiers. Your new APYs go into effect on 09/02/2022, and will appear in your account on 09/03/2022.

Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022 - Please post updates here

Your Online Savings and Money Market Account rates are increasing from 1.85% to 2.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on all balance tiers. Your new APYs go into effect on 09/02/2022, and will appear in your account on 09/03/2022.

Is the bank name a secret? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom