Biggest Worry

Idnar7

Recycles dryer sheets
Don't get political but what is your biggest personal worry these days? Maybe this should be a poll? War/climate/inflation/division/health etc.

I worry about whether Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson are going to last.

Health for me and my family.

To be more serious, while I will plan and prepare to a fare thee well, I do not worry about anything. I never have.

The health of my fiance and my children is my only serious worry. I've been through the care giver phase with DW and don't want to watch anyone go through that again.

VW

I worry about whether Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson are going to last.
I don't worry about that - the answer is obvious. LOL.

I worry about family, kids successfully launching, health of elder relative and close friends, etc.

I can't control war/famine/inflation/division... so I tend not to spend the energy worrying about them.

what.jpeg

Actually, health of my family is an ongoing concern of mine.

Last edited:
Don't get political but what is your biggest personal worry these days? Maybe this should be a poll? War/climate/inflation/division/health etc.

Bodily injury or death due to intentional violence. That category can include both war and some types of crime, but it wouldn't include accidently falling out of an airplane or slipping on a banana peel.

I do my best to be aware of my surroundings at all times, stay out of crime ridden neighborhoods, and avoid active battlefields.

Personal: Helping my son get launched in a full time position. He works a lot but is not able to use his training. Health for myself and family.

Global: Climate change and as W2R mentioned, intentional violence, especially global war.

I wouldn’t call it worry, but inflation has my attention, especially since it’s currently coupled with a downturn in the market.

I feel very bad for those impacted directly by war but I’m not worried about it physically hitting the homeland.

I’m actually less concerned about health right now. We’re doing well and I’m very thankful that is the case.

Of course any of these could change in an instant so there really is no value in worrying. I am keeping an eye out and evaluating my plan against reality to see if any significant change needs to be implemented.

Right now, I feel like it’s best to put a few projects on hold and see what next year brings. However, I have not done a deep dive into the budget to try to get down to just the essentials.

Health and getting old. I'm only in my early 60's but I already see a decline in what I can do now vs what I could do five years ago. Aches and pains that once healed in days or weeks now take months. Not to mention the new ailments that pop up that I've never had before.

My favorite restaurants closing.

If I think of a potential negative event, I first ask myself - is there anything I can do either to reduce the probability of that occurring or reduce the consequences to me if it does occur? If the answer is yes, then I just get hopping and do that. However, if the answer is that there is nothing I can do to reduce either the probability or the consequences, then I don't worry about it. What will be will be, and I have too much to do to waste my energy worrying about stuff I can't affect.

Last edited:
Health. A vast majority of my family's health history is not on my side.

Outside of that, being sued into bankruptcy.

My biggest worry for the past few months has been my wife. She developed back pain on Halloween for no particular reason and hasn't been able to shake it. Labs, x-rays, CT scans, 3 epidural injections, 1 round of facet joint injections, several weeks of PT, and she's still in pain. Not as bad as it was but not nearly what we expected over 4 months ago when it began.

Nothing else really matters.

I worry the most about the health of my husband (he has some health issues) and the health of my 90 year old mother.

If it was a poll I would chose:

F. All of the above.

I have never seen CrAzY on the scale we are seeing it these days...:(

521a6m.jpg

I worry about family members lack of faith.

I personally don't worry about most things since they are out of my control....Things in my control are fine. Glad you didn't ask what I'm PO'd about in the US and world today...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom