Buckle your seat belts, hitch up your drawers...

Brat

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The market in Asia is stinking up a storm. At the moment Hang Sing is down over 4.7, Japan 3.7, AU isn't open yet.

Lucia's buckets looking better all the time.

On Monday, sometimes Asia is just following the US move on Friday. A better indicator is the futures market, which currently suggests that the DOW will open down 135 on Monday.

Bloomberg.com: Futures

Twaddle is right. And Australia won't open today as it is Australia Day. Also, they are 3 hours ahead of HK/Sing, so they would have been open by now. Just thought you'd like to know...;)

An up DOW surprised me this am. If the economic data looks good the Fed may not lower rates as the market expects.... and then, who knows.

An up DOW surprised me this am. If the economic data looks good the Fed may not lower rates as the market expects.... and then, who knows.

It's hard not to be surprised with this crazy market! It has sure had some moments of surprising volatility.

Maybe the Fed will just take it down one tiny tweak (0.25%) or maybe not. I'd really be surprised if they took it down more than that. But then, surprise and befuddlement seem to be my normal market reactions for the past couple of weeks.

Maybe the Fed will just take it down one tiny tweak (0.25%) or maybe not. I'd really be surprised if they took it down more than that. But then, surprise and befuddlement seem to be my normal market reactions for the past couple of weeks.

I read one finance article today saying that the market has priced in a 0.50% drop, and that too little and the market would throw a hissy fit and drop, too much and the market would think there's more to worry about and drop. So it sounded like the market wants 0.50%, no more, no less.

I'm leaving alone whether it's right or good for the market folks to be asking or telling the Fed Reserve crew what to do.

2Cor521

I read one finance article today saying that the market has priced in a 0.50% drop, and that too little and the market would throw a hissy fit and drop, too much and the market would think there's more to worry about and drop. So it sounded like the market wants 0.50%, no more, no less.

I'm leaving alone whether it's right or good for the market folks to be asking or telling the Fed Reserve crew what to do.

2Cor521

Well you're right, you know! They really have no right to be doing that.

I wonder if the market really would react like that, or if that is just what financial columnists, reporters, and journalists saying. Guess we'll find out.

Well, Asian markets seems to like developments in the US from yesterday (Monday). Markets are up generally, with the Hang Seng up 2.75% as of 10.30 am HK time. In reference to MMND momentum investing philosophy, if you are invested in HK, you get participation whether you like it or not. :D

Buckle your seat belts, hitch up your drawers....

Because we're on a rollercoaster!

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom