Building Wealth

Thanks...saw that one.

With regards to frugality: I'd say that 'balance' is important. You don't want to end a 30-year carreer being unhappy with your home, your car, or where you haven't travelled. I'm not saying that you need to buy a high-end car or home, but one that's adequate to make you comfortable. I've lived in condos in Hawaii most of my adult life....some sacrifice, but in the ends, saving $ for a later home!

I've done a moderate amount of travel, and am ready to put that into high gear now that I've built up enough funds!

For people who like the short version:

- Frugality, or a commitment to saving, spending less, and sticking to a budget
- Confidence in financial management, investing, and household leadership
- Responsibility, which involves accepting your role in financial outcomes and believing that luck plays little role
- Planning, or setting goals for your financial future
- Focus on seeing tasks through to their completion without being distracted
- Social indifference, or not succumbing to social pressure to buy the latest thing

That is good, thanks.

I'll add "persistence." Maybe this comes with "focus."

You can't take your eye off the ball.

One more excerpt:
To identify characteristics most predictive of net worth, Stanley Fallaw conducted two studies that included a group of individuals with a net worth ranging from $100,000 to $1 million and a group of high- and ultra-high-net-worth individuals.

Though at the lower end of the study, I agree wholeheartedly with the theme of the article.

Back
Top Bottom