Calling the bottom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this ain't it. the drop in the final quarter hour of trading, against the strong (and impressive) run-up which preceeded, suggests there are still a lot of sellers out there. and, the number of bottom seekers suggests there's still more $ to be lost before we've seen "capitulation".
I sense that this wasn't it, but that we're pretty close. Those were two pretty spectacular rallies fed by people waiting to go bargain hunting -- showing the pent-up money waiting on the sidelines to buy with a vengeance. And the subsequent selloffs, while indicative (often) of not having the bottom just yet, the decreasing ferocity of the selloffs -- especially given the relative mildness of the closing bell sell off -- suggest to me that most of the determined sellers are done. The huge waves of selling looked fatigued.

Then again, maybe I'm FOS and talking out my butt. Could be!

It's terrible when you get excited about it "only" being down 1%. :p

quote=REWahoo;729716]I can see one or the other...but not both.[/quote]:2funny::2funny::2funny:

where did you find this!!!!
darn it, i thought i had erased all my Internet pics from my early days as a blonde...:2funny::2funny:

>:D

75%20Surfer%20Ass.jpg

Gosh, I come back to this site looking for hope and investment advice during this turbulent time, open this thread and see butts! Don't make me post a naked Kathy Bates picture!:(

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I was just thinking "This could be a good time for C_R to stop by with her rhino picture... :)

Ask and you shall receive. Calling the the bottom...

Attachments

• i_rhino.jpg
    i_rhino.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 192
I still wanna know who put those panties on the rhino, and if he uses a cart to carry his balls or just lets them drag along behind him.

I still wanna know who put those panties on the rhino, and if he uses a cart to carry his balls or just lets them drag along behind him.

How do you know it's a "he"? I can't imagine two rhinos trying to reproduce. :pOuch.

Ugh, I need to go back to the fitness forums

Hey, you cant just drop in on us for a little financial booty call when you feel like it, ya know? ;)

Okay, you called my bluff. But this is the LAST TIME. I MEAN IT. And you better cuddle us for a while afterwards!

board? surf?
Oh, I see, she's at a beach. Didn't even notice that the first five times, I looked at her picture.

I am not sure if we are at the bottom or not... but If I had long-term money to invest... I would be moving it into the stock market in stages spread over a series of months (average it).

But all I am investing is my normal investments in the 401k.

Of course, my allocation now close to 52/48 where is was about 70/30 last year. My target was 60/40... which I was intending to rebalance to over the next couple of years.

But since I intend to ER in 3 years... I am not going to sell bonds and buy stocks... we could be looking at a longer recovery time.

What I intend to do is rebalance some of my stock allocations into areas that are beat down. For example, I want to get a little more international exposure. I will probably do that now or very soon.

Gosh, I come back to this site looking for hope and investment advice during this turbulent time, open this thread and see butts! Don't make me post a naked Kathy Bates picture!:(

You can post all the naked Kathy Bates pictures you want as long as you post one picture of yourself while you were a dancer in SF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom