Cash or plastic?

The bills are expected to have a revamped design, including a small window on the bill that prevents photocopying.
With the winter temps you guys have up there I'd hope the window is triple-glazed low-e glass...

What took so long? The "fabric of our lives" has, actually, been plastic for many years.

I liked dealing with the plastic Australian notes. Very durable, and easy to distinguish among denominations.

Should make money laundering easier, literally. I often want to wash my hands after handling the filthy lucre. Note to self: add credit cards to the laundry bin.

It makes you think: How long (if ever) before we go to all-electronic money? That is, credit, debit, and universal gift cards instead of bills and coins?

If it's hack-proof, it sure has a lot of advantages over physical currency (which is not hack-proof, by the way).

Our Commonwealth brethren are a little behind us Aussies :angel: :

"In 1988, Australia introduced its first polymer bank note and in 1996, Australia became the first country in the world to have a complete series of polymer notes " About Australia: Our Currency

Cheers

I kept a $5 note from our trip there in 1989 as I was so impressed at the time. It does seem to be taking a long time for the rest of the world to start using plastic notes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom