Certificate Of Deposit rate

Is wiring funds a secure method in dealing with all of these different kinds of banks? I rely on PayPal to accept credit card payments in my online business, and give my credit card number to secure encrypted vendors online when I buy stuff, but let's say you want to ladder a series of CD's and start wiring these funds around to bankers you DON"T EVEN KNOW? I like sitting down face to face & signing a sheet of documentation.

Most let you set up an on-line account. Usually they then make a couple of small deposits to your checking or savings account, and you must then tell them the amounts that got credited. This does a couple of security things and establishes the link for future transfers. At that point you should be able to make either a ACH push or ACH pull to get the money to the on-line bank. The merit in ACH is that usually they are free while Wire Transfers usually cost $10 to $20. You then can see the deposit on-line and get statements either on line or in the mail monthly. I have been doing it for about 10 years now and never lost a transfer or any money. Most of them also have 1-8XX numbers if you have to speak to someone. You can also go to FDIC (FDIC.Gov) to make sure the bank is listed as FDIC insured (NCUA for Credit Unions).

Is wiring funds a secure method in dealing with all of these different kinds of banks? I rely on PayPal to accept credit card payments in my online business, and give my credit card number to secure encrypted vendors online when I buy stuff, but let's say you want to ladder a series of CD's and start wiring these funds around to bankers you DON"T EVEN KNOW? I like sitting down face to face & signing a sheet of documentation.

Yes, wiring funds is a secure way of transferring money. You can have your bank wire the funds to the bank out of your area. You would need to contact that bank to get the wiring information and numbers for your bank to use when initiating the wire. There is usually a fee of around $10-$15 for a domestic wire.

Back
Top Bottom