Class of 2020

I am going to post today even though tomorrow is my last day. Lots going on tomorrow and I will probably forget.

I made it to the finish line. 35 years of work and I am down to the last day. I feel excited.

W*rk folks were super sweet to me and we had no less than 4 parties over the last week or so. I am leaving with lots of well thought out gifts, none of which were expected.

I told me wife that retirement may be the closest thing to attending your funeral while you are still alive. So many heartfelt, though previously unspoked things have been shared with me over the last few days. I will miss my w*rk friends, but I won't miss much else.

The world just got big again.

Congratulations and welcome to the best part of life!

I am going to post today even though tomorrow is my last day. Lots going on tomorrow and I will probably forget.

I made it to the finish line. 35 years of work and I am down to the last day. I feel excited.

W*rk folks were super sweet to me and we had no less than 4 parties over the last week or so. I am leaving with lots of well thought out gifts, none of which were expected.

I told me wife that retirement may be the closest thing to attending your funeral while you are still alive. So many heartfelt, though previously unspoked things have been shared with me over the last few days. I will miss my w*rk friends, but I won't miss much else.

The world just got big again.

Congratulations on making it to the finish line! :flowers:

Last day is Aug 31.
Yesterday I talked to my manager and gave my notice.
Surprised him for sure. I expect Monday I will be getting
pressure to stay longer.

Well, I’m going to go ahead and claim the brass ring at age 54. The numbers work and my last working day was Friday, although part of my severance keeps me on the payroll until August 14. I’ve told everyone I’m taking a long-planned sabbatical. With all the mental hamster wheels still spinning on momentum, I can’t guarantee that I’ll never get paid again for something (the head hunter who placed me already reached out), and DW has an enjoyable, easy, part time, remote job that she seems to need to fill time and have purpose, but the Vanguard and Personal Capital projections show that we don’t actually have to do anything if we don’t want to. Today is my first day of freedom so I’m going grocery shopping on a Monday morning, then start a fun-for-me project of building a fence in the backyard to start experiencing what all this FIRE business actually is! WAHOO!

Last edited:
Well, I’m going to go ahead and claim the brass ring at age 54. The numbers work and my last working day was Friday, although part of my severance keeps me on the payroll until August 14. I’ve told everyone I’m taking a long-planned sabbatical. With all the mental hamster wheels still spinning on momentum, I can’t guarantee that I’ll never get paid again for something (the head hunter who placed me already reached out), and DW has an enjoyable, easy, part time, remote job that she seems to need to fill time and have purpose, but the Vanguard and Personal Capital projections show that we don’t actually have to do anything if we don’t want to. Today is my first day of freedom so I’m going grocery shopping on a Monday morning, then start a fun-for-me project of building a fence in the backyard to start experiencing what all this FIRE business actually is! WAHOO!

Good for you!

Put in my paperwork. Last day 7/31. More like a resign from one job and find another. My next job or jobs will be part time. They may be just temp jobs. I actually like working. And collecting a paycheck is always helpful.

Put in my paperwork. Last day 7/31. More like a resign from one job and find another. My next job or jobs will be part time. They may be just temp jobs. I actually like working. And collecting a paycheck is always helpful.

Exactly the same. Good luck!

Congrats to Markola and lampshade. The water's fine; come on in.

I announced last Friday on my MegaCorp 30yr anniversary. Giving up a nice salary but my brain was rotting. Excited and naturally scared having to cover healthcare for 8 more years...

Back
Top Bottom