Class of 2020

My plan is for a retire date of either April May or June 1 - depending on my whim.... can go anytime after JAN1, but may wait until June 1. That date would give me 18 months of COBRA ending end of December - otherwise i have to get coverage for last month or 2 of 2021 which seems as if it might be a PITA.

94 days on my count down calendar. Successor in place- that was the last hurdle to clear before I could submit my retirement plan to the committee. Turning that sucker in next week. Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Lots to be thankful for today. [emoji16]
Looks like I am right behind you! Yesterday I hit the magical 99 (under 100 -woot!) days until retirement. It is starting to feel very real (and a bit unreal)! [emoji352][emoji4]

Looks like I am right behind you! Yesterday I hit the magical 99 (under 100 -woot!) days until retirement. It is starting to feel very real (and a bit unreal)! [emoji352][emoji4]
Actually you're a bit ahead of me. My countdown is to my official notice. I'm actually going to have to work a few months after that. (It's complicated) I'll probably finish about the same time as COcheesehead

Well, just got off the phone with my soon to be ex-boss. Told him I am done and my last day is January 3, 2020. He asked me where I am going and he was a bit confused when I told him “nowhere.” I explained that I was maybe going to do some part time consulting, but was not sure. I really doubt I will, because I have. Ton of things I want to do that are a lot more fun!

Well, just got off the phone with my soon to be ex-boss. Told him I am done and my last day is January 3, 2020. He asked me where I am going and he was a bit confused when I told him “nowhere.” I explained that I was maybe going to do some part time consulting, but was not sure. I really doubt I will, because I have. Ton of things I want to do that are a lot more fun!

Congratulations !! Can't wait to do the same (coming soon).

2020 sounds like it’s going to be a great year for a lot of us !! Cheers!

Congrats, Erbragg1! Looks like you may very well be our first truly official member of the Class of 2020! May I ask your age? (simply curious given the premise of this forum)

Congrats, Erbragg1! Looks like you may very well be our first truly official member of the Class of 2020! May I ask your age? (simply curious given the premise of this forum)

Thank Draggon. I just turned 51 in November.

Thank Draggon. I just turned 51 in November.

That's great; true "early retirement". I often wonder if my 55 next November still counts, but it's where I'm at and a lot earlier than most others I know personally! :)

Congrats Erbragg1!

I will be dropping the hammer in the week of January 13th. I normally work remotely, and that will be the next time I am in the office.

2020, here we come!

Congrats as well, Dalmore!

Maybe we should start a list... (I don't know, I just like lists! :) ):

• Erbragg1 - 1/3/2020 (Early bird... Teacher's pet... ;) )
  • Dalmore - ??
  • HNL Bill - 5/1/2020 (Subject to change)(but It's gonna happen! ;) )
  • Draggon - 11/1/2020 (Leaving 9/23/2020 w/PTO)
  • retire202052 - 12/2020 (I may have figured out the pattern of your UserID ;) )

Anyone else want to post their target?

Last edited:

That's awesome. I want to go out the same way. I'll be done next December at age 52.

Turned 60 a few months ago and will be sending my two-week notice on Dec 27th so my last day will be Jan 10th (and also the 1st payday of the year and last). I'm still needlessly obsessing over numbers but I can seem to stop it. I will continue to live in SOCAL for at least 10 more years as my DP is 11 years younger than me and still has 8 years before she can claim her pension and qualify for free medical

First post I think. Gave notice in July, leaving March 2020. Aged 55....guess the name still works [emoji57]

That's great; true "early retirement". I often wonder if my 55 next November still counts, but it's where I'm at and a lot earlier than most others I know personally! :)

Anything before 62 is early for most people!

• Dalmore - ??
  • retire202052 - 12/2020 (I may have figured out the pattern of your UserID ;) )

I will be handing the accounts off to the successor Feb 29, but I have to help with the transition. That will probably take a few months, so I'm guessing I'll actually be done July 1. I'm using my hand off date for my countdown because I don't know how long I'll have to help my replacement. But you can put July 1 if you like.

Lists are great! It's fun seeing the month by month names.

Mr. Vacation4us 11/02/2020
Mrs. Vacation4us undecided date but latest 12/15/2020

• Dalmore - ??

Giving MegaCorp some time to adjust, and don't want to screw over my co-workers...too much. Looking at April 30th, but giving notice in January.

I am in! I just sent my resignation letter. Last day is January 9th 2020. I will be 62. I think I have enough money but still worry. I had planned to ease into it by going 1/2 time but decided it wasn’t worth the loss in flexibility.

Class of 2020 (Un)Official list... (I don't know, I just like lists! :) ):

• INTJ10 - 1/9/2020
  • Out_the_Door - 1/11/2020
  • 51notout - 3/2020 (One post and counting!)
  • Dalmore - 4/30/2020
  • ugeauxgirl - 7/1/2020 (Class ringleader :))
  • Mr. Vacation4us - 11/2/2020
  • Mrs. Vacation4us - 12/15/2020 (Mr. cut in front of her!)

Anyone else want to post their target? Also, lemme know if I miss one.

Back
Top Bottom