Class of 2020

Just out of curiosity, do we know how many ER forum member we have who are FI, FIREd, and still wr$king?

Getting ready to sound the FIRE alarm

Class of 2020 (Un)Official list... (I don't know, I just like lists! :) ):

• Erbragg1 - 1/3/2020 (Early bird... Teacher's pet... ;) )
  • INTJ10 - 1/9/2020
  • Out_the_Door - 1/11/2020
  • 51notout - 3/2020 (One post and counting!)
  • Dalmore - 4/30/2020
  • HNL Bill - 5/1/2020 (Subject to change)(but It's gonna happen! ;) )
  • ugeauxgirl - 7/1/2020 (Class ringleader :))
  • Draggon - 11/1/2020 (Leaving 9/23/2020 w/PTO)
  • Mr. Vacation4us - 11/2/2020
  • Mrs. Vacation4us - 12/15/2020 (Mr. cut in front of her!)
  • retire202052 - 12/2020 (I may have figured out the pattern of your UserID ;) )

Anyone else want to post their target? Also, lemme know if I miss one.

I'll submit my LoR on Jan 28th (when I return from a month of vacation) to let my boss know that April 3rd, 2020 will be my last day of employment.

45 years old by then. 24 years at same company. 2 kids through college and independent. 1.3MM dollars invested. Paid off RV/van ready to roll...

-Grimey

I'll submit my LoR on Jan 28th (when I return from a month of vacation) to let my boss know that April 3rd, 2020 will be my last day of employment.

45 years old by then. 24 years at same company. 2 kids through college and independent. 1.3MM dollars invested. Paid off RV/van ready to roll...

-Grimey
I'm envious that your kids are independent. I'm 47 with a 15 and 12 year old. And I'm beginning to worry that one of us will not survive the teenage years...

I'm envious that your kids are independent. I'm 47 with a 15 and 12 year old. And I'm beginning to worry that one of us will not survive the teenage years...

You can do the math, but I started a family young. It wasn't easy, and I missed that time of life common for other people to play...but it all worked out for the best eventually. Having kids gave me the direction and purpose to do well at work and to go back to school. Divorce was unexpected (for me), but ultimately, was for the best.

As far as teenagers go... it gets better (when they are no longer teens)...and some freedom and independence for (and from) them will go a long way to them rediscovering that you aren't that dumb after all.

:LOL:

We are back into the Class of 2020.

Life happened in 2019 and although we have met our "number", we have decided to stay on at work. Sometimes the job that was driving you bananas can be a good thing in hard spots in life.

We can go anywhere from 1-Mar-20 to 31-Dec-20, totally dependent on how are feeling with it all.

I will say that it is a very different feeling now that we have reached our money goal. For us, and mostly me, it has been a big relief to get to this point.

I'll be 61 at the end of 2020. So if we go by or on years end, we will have retired a little early.

gamboolman…..

2020 here, date depends on when I can get my house sold for the second time..

Long time reader but first time poster. You can add me to the class of 2020. Have not officially submitted papers but have notified supervisor to start the transition process. Target date is June 1st. Appreciate all I have learned from this site reading about your thought processes and planning.

Class of 2020 (Un)Official list... (I don't know, I just like lists! :) ):

• Erbragg1 - 1/3/2020 (Early bird... Teacher's pet... ;) )
  • INTJ10 - 1/9/2020
  • 51notout - 3/2020 (One post and counting!)
  • Grimelowe - 4/4/2020 (45yo - Nice!)
  • Dalmore - 4/30/2020
  • jaharrer - 4/30/2020
  • HNL Bill - 5/1/2020 (Subject to change)(but It's gonna happen! ;) )
  • OTDasap2020 - 6/1/2020 (newest newbie)
  • ugeauxgirl - 7/1/2020 (Class ringleader :))
  • COcheesehead - 7/10/2020
  • Draggon - 11/1/2020 (Leaving 9/23/2020 w/PTO)
  • Mr. Vacation4us - 11/2/2020
  • Mrs. Vacation4us - 12/15/2020 (Mr. V cut in front of her!)
  • retire202052 - 12/2020 (I may have figured out the pattern of your UserID ;) )
  • gamboolman - ??/2020 (pick a date, any date... :) )
  • nobody - ??/2020 (anyone want a house?)

Cross my fingers it will go as it is supposed to go this time, house is under contract and scheduled for closing on Jan 31. So Jan 31 will be my last working day, will come back on March 6th after I use up my PTO for the exit interview and turn in my badge and laptop. That puts me at 19 years and 11 months.

Tho darling lady friend will likely put me to work as office manager\handyman\other duties as needed on a part time basis.

I'm not even going to look for a house till the money is in the bank, well maybe I'll look a bit. We moved her into an apartment this fall, so we will have some time. Just miss my stuff.

I read somewhere that only about 5% of home sales fall through, but having been burned once already, I can see why you would be cautious! Ugh, I do not want to be at work today. Not much longer though.

A coworker here had hers sale fall thru twice in a row due to financing. She finally got it sold the third time.

I'm also taking a 30k hit from what I was under contract with the first time.

I'm also taking a 30k hit from what I was under contract with the first time.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I just did something I don't recommend to anyone that's a bad investor like myself. (great Saver, terrible Investor)

I was adjusting my year-end 401K spreadsheet for 2019 wherein I figure my internal IRR since 1991 and my cummulative total return. I then took the extra step and calculated the IRR of the S&P 500 over the same time period.... Yeah, I have about 1/2 as much money as I would have had I just followed my own advice.... le sigh.

Thankfully, I have no concern about financing my upcoming retirement (i.e. the great Saver saved me!). Today's my first workday of the last calendar year of my career... Yay!

Happy New Year, Class of 2020!

Class of 2020

My boss is on holiday in Australia on the day I wanted to give notice (Dec 27) and he won't be back until Jan 9th. So I spoke with him today (01/02/2020) since it's already tomorrow in Australia and told him I was resigning. I agreed to stay an extra week so my New last day in the office is Jan 24th.

Congrats to all of the Class of 2020! It must feel great to finally be in your year. I will be following all of you as you reach your finish lines. :dance:

Well, it’s official! Turned in my laptop, w*rk phone and badge.... said my goodbyes and rode off into the sunset today. I am retired!

Well, it’s official! Turned in my laptop, w*rk phone and badge.... said my goodbyes and rode off into the sunset today. I am retired!

You must feel terrific! And just think about how you will feel on Sunday, around 3 pm, when you have to remind yourself, "I DON'T need to get ready for next week."

Back
Top Bottom