Connecticut state income tax filing - PSA

Gumby

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Public Service Announcement for Connecticut Taxpayers

If you use H&R Block software, file your Connecticut taxes by mail, and have zero payment or expect a refund, the mailing address in the "Filing Checklist" is incorrect. It should be

Department of Revenue Services
PO Box 2976
Hartford CT 06104-2976

NOT

PO Box 2976
Hartford CT 06102-2976

I learned this when I went to the Post Office to mail certified mail this morning. It was rejected for a non-existent address, so I came back home, checked the software package to see if I had copied the address wrong onto the envelope (nope) and then checked on the Department of Revenue Services website. H&R Block is just wrong.

I'm sure most of you file electronically, so this won't affect you.

Last edited:
Public Service Announcement for Connecticut Taxpayers

If you use H&R Block software, file your Connecticut taxes by mail, and have zero payment or expect a refund, the mailing address in the "Filing Checklist" is incorrect. It should be

PO Box 2976
Hartford CT 06104-2976

NOT

PO Box 2976
Hartford CT 06102-2976

I learned this when I went to the Post Office to mail certified mail this morning. It was rejected for a non-existent address, so I came back home, checked the software package to see if I had copied the address wrong onto the envelope (nope) and then checked on the Department of Revenue Services website. H&R Block is just wrong.

I'm sure most of you file electronically, so this won't affect you.

CT allows residents to file online for free themselves. It's very easy. https://drs.ct.gov/eservices/_/#0

Back
Top Bottom