David Rosenberg: Navigating the New Normal

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
A very interesting presentation recently given by David Rosenberg, courtesy of Business Insider. The BI write up is here and the presentation, titled "Navigating the New Normal", is here. The concluding chart, with investment strategy recommendation, is

image.jpg

Sobering presentation.
Well, Rosenberg has never been accused of being over-optimistic and he can bring a dark cloud into the sunniest day. I think he ignores the impact of global growth and also the possibility that aggregate global debt may not be paid back. Still, it is important to see other's views and his is one possibility.

Hmmmm... With no desire to shoot the messenger - I'm as big a pessimist as anyone, but lots of members here could summarize how precarious our economic/fiscal situation is just as effectively - and that's what all 56 slides preceding the last one are. Tell us something we don't already know Mr Rosenburg. Anyone who is surprised by the charts, hasn't been paying attention, and most here do pay attention.

The only slide worth review (not necessarily correct) is the last one, and you can see that in post #1 above. While current data is verifiably bad, the mentality and lack of imagination reminds me of this pearl from 1979...

Attachments

• BusinessWeekCover.jpg
    BusinessWeekCover.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Rosenberg's recommendations look a lot like the "old normal" to me.

I wonder how many of his readers were investing in the 1950s or 1960s. Not me, but I read a lot of investing history.

Back
Top Bottom