ERs getting screwed

Funny videos. I'd love to see a real-time blood pressure display in the background.

On the original topic...

I was surprised to find that we are actually getting $338 of the original stimulus. It's because DW made a few hundred selling knitted items, and I made about $100 playing jazz.

If the new stimulus rebates work the same way, all you need to do is find a fun/easy way to create a few hundred dollars in earned income, and instead of paying taxes on it, you'll get money from the IRS.

If the new stimulus rebates work the same way, all you need to do is find a fun/easy way to create a few hundred dollars in earned income, and instead of paying taxes on it, you'll get money from the IRS.
Funny you mention that. Though my wife is generally unemployed, she does do a little travel agent work "on the side." Yesterday one of the ladies from church called her because she and a friend want to go on a cruise later this year and they wanted to have my wife help them pick something out and book it.

Hello, spousal earned income. :)

My connection here in Germany is pretty slow so I only watch part of these (constant stopping to buffer, etc) HOWEVER, that guy is funny - what amazes me is between the profanity, there's quite a bit of understanding of what is going on. As for the tall cool blonde, her voice of understatement on serious subject makes her funny to me - she's the opposite in temperament from the guy, but they are both saying the same thing.

I agree from a philosophical viewpoint - having a grasshopper come over and hijack your ant resources isn't fun and can bring about a lot of resentment. I'm not very happy at all with what I see happening and I don't like the possible long-term implications.

I'm not retired just yet, so I'm sure I have a bit of a different viewpoint. I will say that most if not all of the "bennies" from the government have been nonexistent for me as I'm usually on the giving side of that redistribution plan. It becomes difficult to motivate myself to earn beyond that optimization point when I see the recent ethical lapses of congressional personnel and high-level government workers. I also believe I might end up holding a useless IOU from the great state of CA this year (have been trying to get into the debt side of that equation so we'll see if I owe or they owe me this year). Thank goodness I don't live there anymore.

With the more time and rest, ERs are supposed to get screwed and doing more screwing as the natural course of things. Unlike us working stiffs (more like no stiffs) who are barely getting enough sleep to keep normal functions going, I expect to hear that you ERs are 4/5 through the book of Karma Sutra.

I was afraid he was going to have a stroke on camera. His parents should look into getting a refund for the tuition they paid for his finishing school, but he'd be a fun guy to go out shooting with.

I don't know about that. I'm pretty even keeled guy, and even I have had a few accidents around guns. With this guy, you might find a full clip emptied into your back before he realizes that you're not a politician.

P.S I think communal living is a great idea for older boomers . A lot of us are single and could save a lot living in a commune plus we would have social interaction just not the se- org--s of years ago .
With the more time and rest, ERs are supposed to get screwed and doing more screwing as the natural course of things. Unlike us working stiffs (more like no stiffs) who are barely getting enough sleep to keep normal functions going, I expect to hear that you ERs are 4/5 through the book of Karma Sutra.
I'm glad to see this thread getting back on topic. You know you won't see that type of video on YouTube.

Now, what's that complaint about communal orgies? Where else would us aging Boomers be likely to find that much action?!?

NP56,

I am very late to this thread but have to put in my two cents.
I am a vet as are many of the posters on this forum and don't think anyone was calling you stupid. I was flamed when I first started posting but blew it off. We need reasoned debate on these issues so I hope you return and participate.

Thanks for your service to our country.

2soon2tell

Back
Top Bottom