Est tax calculator?

ecowtent

Recycles dryer sheets
I bought a new computer and tried copying over my bookmarked sites and have lost a website. Someone recommended a website to calculate estimated quarterly taxes. Suggestions on ones you use to estimate? I plan to set one up in my retirement spreadsheet, but haven’t had the time yet! Thank you! M

That wont work this year. Last year we both had employment income for part of the year. This is the first year fully retired.

Are you going to be able to estimate your income this year? Because safe harbor or a reasonably accurate income estimation is the only way to do this. A spreadsheet isn't going to be able to pull numbers out of thin air.

If you can estimate your income, there are a number of tax calculators. https://www.irscalculators.com/tax-calculator is the one I prefer. Get your tax for the year and divide by 4.

I create a separate "mock" tax return using 2023 HR block program tax return. All I have to do is plug in any modifications through the year to determine how much quarterly tax I will owe. It has worked well over the years and always maintains safe harbor.

Back
Top Bottom