Fed member worried about "Violent reaction in the market to rate increase"

Yes. Alternative media has known this for years. And years.

I wonder if a 'violent reaction' would be only over a period of a few days/week and would lead to a quick stabilization and positive bounce-back within a few weeks; which seems to be the modus of the market over the past few years: big panic > buying opportunity> recovery

Bullard: Worried about ‘violent’ reaction to Fed rate hike - MarketWatch

Rhetorical question of the day , is our economic system so weak that it can't adapt to taking away stimulus activities ?
Well, right after he said "could be violent" he continued with "I’d be surprised if we get to that junction. Bullard Doesn’t Expect Repeat of Fed Taper Tantrum This Year - Bloomberg Business So, a different Bloomberg view of the same speech.

Last edited:
I've noticed Marketwatch had gotten more and more sensational over recent times. Yep, it always had an element of that but recently it's gotten disgusting.

I've noticed Marketwatch had gotten more and more sensational over recent times. Yep, it always had an element of that but recently it's gotten disgusting.

+1

I've observed the same. It's as if they want to become the financial equivalent of the old supermarket tabloids.

Next up: "Federal Reserve adopts alien baby!"
"Janet Yellen was married to Elvis!"

I think we should just pull that bandaid. It's gonna hurt in the short term, but we can't keep it on for ever.

I think we should just pull that bandaid. It's gonna hurt in the short term, but we can't keep it on for ever.

I don't even see any reason for a couple of well-telegraphed quarter-point hikes to hurt much...

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Especially if they hike 0.25% and then just sit there.

Heck, there might even be a relief rally!

Since Bullard doesn't get to vote, he spends his time talking it seems. Even if they voted to go straight to 1%, that certainly isn't going to have me scrambling to Pen Feds website in search of a juicy yielding CD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't even see any reason for a couple of well-telegraphed quarter-point hikes to hurt much...

+1

The rate increase is already priced in. The article is just click bait.

+1

I've observed the same. It's as if they want to become the financial equivalent of the old supermarket tabloids.

Next up: "Federal Reserve adopts alien baby!"
"Janet Yellen was married to Elvis!"

The new version is something more like:

"This one unknown fact about Janet Yellen will blow your mind!"
"3 things the Federal Reserve doesn't want you to know"

Back
Top Bottom