Do you plan to increase Equity/Stock Holdings before Fed pauses rate hikes?

I'm currently 62/38 retired and living off of investments. No change - back to my nap.

This guessing and market timing would stress me out, not that I pay attention but 1/2 the press says we're taking off again, and 1/2 of it says it was a temporary reprieve. Most of them will be right in some way, temporary rise or fall, they probably predicted the opposite a month ago so they can just pick the prediction that came true.

I check once a month if anything has reached my rebalancing 5/25 bands, and then rebalance if any band is exceeded. I only had to do this once since the pandemic, got close a few times, in fact my International Bonds was lagging by 17% last I checked, it may get 25% off at which time I will rebalance, but I also reinvest dividends in whatever is lagging so between VEA/VWO dividends last week and VTI dividends next week, I'll be purchasing some BNDX to chip at that 17% lag on my next monthly checkup.

The nice thing about doing it monthly is that it becomes much more of an engrained habit, you had to mechanically do the check 60 times in 5 years, and see that most of the time leaving everything ride is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom