Fidelity offers FREE TurboTax Premier

This deal is definitely still active. It's now a "contact Fidelity to get the reimbursement" for this offer. Seems it's the only way to stop all the people that don't qualify for this right now. They may bring back free premier online filing if they ever implement the correct security checks.

Ok, I guess it is "call and see if you qualify" then, but not a guaranteed free. They may take a look at your investment activity or asset level with them to determine whether they will comp you the TT fees.

Just got my CD version of TT Deluxe via US mail. Pretty quick turnaround of 3 days.

Hmmmm, - I always thought it was online only, and I never wanted to do it online.

I told my husband they had it free because he is going to Staples tonight to get TT. He said they had the same offer last year but you had to fill it out online and they saved it on you account at Fidelity. So he declined because he isn't letting anyone know all our business.

Save the receipt from Staples and send it to your Fido rep for reimbursement.
Nwsteve

So I've read through all of the posts, and I've gone to the Fido website numerous times and I haven't seen anything that even says that "private client group" gets free turbotax. In summary, it looks to me that I will have to call my rep to get the real skinny on this. I don't understand all of this but I will call tomorrow. I have always used Turbotax but this is the first time that I have ever heard of this "free stuff".
This reminds me of the previous thread about free tickets, meals, theater, etc but only if you ask for it. That's no way to do business in my book. Oh well, it's only a phone call. :rolleyes:
By the way, thanks for the heads up on this from you guys. It might just work.

Save the receipt from Staples and send it to your Fido rep for reimbursement.

Thanks a lot!! We'll do that next week and put it towards our dinner date. Too bad you weren't here, we would buy you some drinks during happy hour :)

The current Fido site says up to (up to is always scarey) $20 discount, and it is also available to visitors....Suddenly I don't feel very important..:nonono:

I just got my TT deluxe in the mail. Seems like the same CD I would have bought as I could download my state for free and I have at least 1 free federal efile. I am guessing I can file up to 5 but won't know for sure until next week.

Thanks for the heads up here.

Back
Top Bottom