Fidelity Turbo Tax -- can't find the free download offer !

Live And Learn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
All I can find is a $20 off offer. I got the free download last year.

Did they raise the balance requirement for the free version ??

All I can find is a $20 off offer. I got the free download last year.

Did they raise the balance requirement for the free version ??

You need $1M in your account. That is one of the criteria.

Or a very frequent trader.

Last edited:
It was on the main page after I logged in for me, just had to scroll down a little.

Bought TurboTax Premier from Amazon. Saw this thread, contacted Fidelity Friday and got a cash credit for the purchase. Met the requirements from the link above. Thanks.

So I need $1mm PLUS 500 trades ? or one or the other :confused: I don't trade that much - buy and hold ....

No, only one or the other. If you have a Fidelity Adviser, they can possibly let you know.

I received a "good will credit" from Fidelity to compensate me for my Amazon TurboTax purchase.

I have a fidelity 401k and some 529's that exceed $1m but am not seeing it on my home page. Do 401k accounts not qualify?

On my Fidelity account, there is a link that activates a pop-up for my personal Fidelity guy near the upper right hand corner. I'd recommend giving your guy or gal a call or e-mail.

Ok so if its one or the other than I should be good to go but I don't see the free link. I've emailed my guy.

Not that I am aware of. Is that something you have to specifically request or does it automatically happen if you have the right amount of $$$ in an account?

I am pretty sure it happens automatically, but I am not 100% sure. It is free.

Call them and get set up.

I called Fido this morning and they said they are a problem posting the link. I asked when it would be fixed and she was not sure.

I called Fido this morning and they said they are a problem posting the link. I asked when it would be fixed and she was not sure.

I don't see it either, though it was there in December...

The guy I talked at Fidelity said the webpage is not working properly. I met the qualifications they have listed on the website(link above). Called on Wednesday last week. Credit showed up next morning.

I'm having a similar problem with Vanguard. I thought that they also offered free Turbotax if you had an account with $1M. Is that still the case? I can't find any information regarding this on the Vanguard website.

I'm having a similar problem with Vanguard. I thought that they also offered free Turbotax if you had an account with $1M. Is that still the case? I can't find any information regarding this on the Vanguard website.

Nope. They stopped offering free TT last year.

I'm a private client and got on the fidelity website today and could only find a $20 discount on TurboTax so I sent an email asking why I don't have the free TurboTax. I'll see what the response is to my question.

Great info everyone. I thought I was losing my mind ! Glad to know it's just a system glitch. I am waiting for the email response from my guy.

Just my luck! I finally get to flagship status and they eliminate one of the main benefits. :facepalm: Oh well, something else to add to my Costco list.

I spoke to Fidelity today, was told to type TurboTax in the search bar, the link will appear for $20 off, then to do my thing, pay for the rest, then Fidelity would refund back the $ spent..... The rep gave me the phone # and his extension once I have filed

I connected with my Private Client rep last Monday and asked for reimbursement for this year TT. Took her a couple days to get to me but told me that she had emailed up the chain asking for clarification of this year's TT policy. As of end of day, no update which is very atypical.
Hopefully we will see a credit before end of week.

They are still offering it this year.

I just filed on Saturday using the Fido free TurboTax link. Went through the entire process, closed out the filing, the "bill" was zero dollars and the return was accepted by the IRS this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom