Turbo Tax From Fidelity

savory

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received the free Turbo Tax offer from Fidelity. However my DW does the taxes on her computer. I cannot transfer the offer to my DW computer. And, Fidelity's phone support does not offer a method to transfer it to her computer. We are both on the account.

So, in the hope that someone else might be in a similar positron but has had luck moving the free Turbo Tax link to another computer, I am posing this issue to the forum.

I know we can use my computer but that does not look like a path DW will take. Has anyone else been confronted with this issue and solved it?

Thanks

Hmm, right after I sent this, I thought why can't I log in on her computer. I think that will solve the problem

You download a setup program that you run to install TT. I would be surprised if you could not transfer that setup program (but your solution is simpler).

Hmm, right after I sent this, I thought why can't I log in on her computer. I think that will solve the problem

You could also email the download link to her.

I received the free Turbo Tax offer from Fidelity. However my DW does the taxes on her computer. I cannot transfer the offer to my DW computer. And, Fidelity's phone support does not offer a method to transfer it to her computer. We are both on the account.

So, in the hope that someone else might be in a similar positron but has had luck moving the free Turbo Tax link to another computer, I am posing this issue to the forum.

I know we can use my computer but that does not look like a path DW will take. Has anyone else been confronted with this issue and solved it?

Thanks

I simply downloaded the dmg (Mac) and used a thumb drive to give it to DH who does the annual taxes. DH installed it on his machine.

Similarly after purchase I could have given DH my TurboTax credentials and have him download it to his machine.

We had the code. Once DH installed the software he logged into his own TT account and was able to complete the install using the code.

Actually I tried to use DH’s account to log into TT site for purchase but he accidentally gave me a set of old, but valid credentials. :facepalm: He was able to sort it out later. If he had given me the latest credentials it would have been even easier.

Last edited:
Yes, it's just an installer disk image that you download, and that can be run on another computer.

Thanks for the quick replies. Haven't tried it yet but an confident there is a solution in the responses.

Back
Top Bottom