FIDO HSA Routing number

Finance Dave

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does anyone know if a FIDO HSA account has a routing number such that it can be used similar to a checking account? If so, how do I find the routing number?

The reason I'm asking is that DW just went on Medicare, and we'd like to use her HSA to pay for the premiums and automate the process so that it automatically takes the money out.

Alternatively we maybe could use a Billpay service through our bank to have it paid by our credit card and therefore get points on our card...but I didn't see a way to do this easily either.

Thank you!

Yes it does. Go to the summary page for your HSA, and next to the account name there's a circle with 3 vertical dots. Click on that & you'll see the account number & routing number.

It also appears that you can use Fidelity's bill pay service to automatically pay bills from your HSA, but I haven't tried that myself.

Last edited:
perfect! Thank you Gryphon!

I'll try to set this up on the Medicare website and see if it works. The FIDO account number is much longer than a typical checking account number, so we shall see if it works.

Does anyone know if a FIDO HSA account has a routing number such that it can be used similar to a checking account? If so, how do I find the routing number?

The reason I'm asking is that DW just went on Medicare, and we'd like to use her HSA to pay for the premiums and automate the process so that it automatically takes the money out.

Alternatively we maybe could use a Billpay service through our bank to have it paid by our credit card and therefore get points on our card...but I didn't see a way to do this easily either.

Thank you!
The Fidelity HSA account has an excellent bill paying service and we use that to pay CMS Medicare directly. It works well and DH generally schedules payments every month (IRMAA requires monthly) for a year at a time, whenever he gets the following year new payment amounts in November.

We prefer to push to CMS Medicare rather than have them pull via EasyPay. It will make transition to SS paying for Medicare premiums cleaner IMO and I didn’t want to worry about refunds back to the HSA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom